PDA

View Full Version : STARS returns to Late Model racing

RadioMan
12-07-2010, 07:56 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

STARS returns to Late Model racing

SOMERSET, KY (December 7, 2010)—Starting in 2011, the Short Track Auto Racing Series (S.T.A.R.S.) name will once again appear in Late Model racing.

Hall of Fame promoter Carl Short will again lend his legendary STARS name, this time to Chris Tilley to form the STARS Midwest Dirt Racing League (MDRL), which will be presented by Arizona Sport Shirts. In addition to the STARS Midwest Dirt Racing League, the STARS name will also be on the title for the Volunteer Racing Series and Arizona Sport Shirts will also become the official souvenir vendor for both tours beginning in 2011.

The new tour will have a 10-15 race schedule in the Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, and Indiana with a promoter and driver friendly $3,000 to win/$300 to start purse. The series will be identical to the Volunteer Racing Series (VRS) tour in Tennessee that Tilley already co-owns and promotes.

'I want to thank Carl (Short) for his continued guidance and all of his help in allowing his STARS name to be used for this series and to Gerald Newton of Arizona Sport Shirts for stepping up in a major way in becoming the series' presenting sponsor,' stated Tilley. 'They are two good names in dirt track racing to have behind you,' said Tilley again.

'This series is something that's been needed for the last few years, the promoters have to benefit from our deal and the drivers need some $3,000 to win events in this area and some year end points money to compete for,' Tilley went on to say.

Ten race dates have already been booked and promoters have been contacted, the full schedule will be released upon completion.

Dirt Track World Championship promoter/STARS founder Carl Short has also announced that the 2011 STARS Midwest Dirt Racing League will have a guaranteed starting spot in the 31st Annual Dirt Track World Championship main event to be held the third weekend of October 2011.

Both the STARS Volunteer Racing Series and the STARS Midwest Dirt Racing League will feature the exact same rules package and race procedures with the exception of the race night format, there will even be several co-sanctioned events taking place throughout the season.

A new website is forthcoming and details on rules, points fund and schedule information will be released in the near future.

The STARS Midwest Dirt Racing League is planning an organizational meeting for the winter months and details will follow shortly on the time and place of this meeting.

Further information on the STARS MDRL presented by Arizona Sport Shirts or STARS VRS presented by Arizona Sport Shirts can be obtained by calling the series office at
(606) 219-1723 or you can e-mail at tilleyracing@hotmail.com .

-End of Release-

CGF
12-07-2010, 08:52 PM
This is as bad as N D R A being a crate series...just another reason to charge 20 bucks for a regular show.. Good luck.....

CGF
12-07-2010, 08:56 PM
The D T W C has run under the STARS banner for years .. to many series...and to many people making money from tire sales ..not referring to fast tack..

slick01
12-07-2010, 10:00 PM
The D T W C has run under the STARS banner for years .. to many series...and to many people making money from tire sales ..not referring to fast tack..

STARS hasn't been a functional series for many years now. It has been a reminder of better times on logos for Carl for his events. Too many series, yes I agree. I do miss the original STARS.

brsteg
12-08-2010, 10:18 AM
actually in East and Central Kentucky there has been a void of a series, since the Battle of the Bluegrass commited suicide last season, but it was sick before. I don't see CJ's series being very big though I do know that they have a couple of Central Ky tracks they frequent. Also there isn't a series for Southern Ohio. I see the new STARS Midwest Series deal as a possible great thing for the region. It all depends on how it is run and how drivers take to it.

dirtnut
12-11-2010, 06:57 PM
first of all not enough money 3,ooo dont get it anymore.it needs to be at least5,000 and 20.00 to get in. you watch and see it will be 3,000 to win and 20.00 to get in.