PDA

View Full Version : Panhard bar question?

dirtrace09
12-10-2010, 01:27 PM
I have a question for the guys that have ran a panhard bar on a leaf car. One guy I talked to ran a jbar like you would with a bar car. The other used a straight bar from the left of the axle. Since body roll is not as severe in a leaf car and the object of the panhard bar is to control deflection of the suspension, does it matter which one is used? Also, would or does the angle of the bar have that much of a bearing on the handling like it does in a swingarm or bar car?

race81
12-10-2010, 03:23 PM
the j-bar in a leaf car operates on the same idea of that of a 4-bar. my first mod years ago was a mono leaf car with a j-bar.......the car had tremendous amount of roll in it. If your using a stack leaf setup....it will less. the angle/height up or down all have bearing on what the car does....leaf or not.

zachmckenzieracing
12-27-2010, 04:39 AM
there are pros and cons to both the straight(shortie) bar and the j bar what the panhard bar does is create a pivot point for the chassis to roll over the rear end when working with the panhard bar, it is important to understand what it does and how is works small mistakes with this will cause undesirable handling and a slow race car