PDA

View Full Version : AFCO Leaf Springs

hanger
12-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Has anyone tried the new AFCO reinforced front segment leaf springs? If so was there any noticeable difference between it and the regular AFCO leaf springs? Also wondering about the composite leaf springs? Any info. would be greatly appreciated..

6burg
12-17-2010, 09:52 PM
bought a set of the reinforced front segment afco's last year. they are quite a bit stiffer , which raised body height considerably. had to add 1 1/2 lowering blocks to get ride height back to spec. tried putting the pair on { #200's} , it was just to stiff on right side. ended up leaving the left side on and installing conventional on right side. Bottom line: It wasn't bad but I'd buy conventional #200''s and save the extra money .didn't rock my world and start mowing down the competition. sold leaf car and bought coil car, tired of losing 20lbs.on r/r scaling every week.

RCJ
12-18-2010, 07:29 AM
I've tried the composite didn't work for me and I quit buying anything from Hyperco because of them.The reason is the locating bolt in the center of the spring is plastic and will not hold up to a normal race contact.Later on I discover every one installs a steel bolt first thing.I felt Hyperco should have never sold a product that you could say was defective out of the box.If you do try them you need to build your car from the start with them.They have different arches.It was a big problem taking off steel springs and installing composites in the middel of the year and then breaking both springs the first night.

Vipracing4
12-28-2010, 11:43 AM
We bought a set of the reinforced leaf springs the middle of the year in 09, we still have the same set on the car today, needless to say that we keep our car off of the leafs anytime its not on the track. Anyhow we love the leafs, we put a 175 on the right and a 200 on the left, the other guy is right it did raise the car a little and it made the car way to tight to begin with but all we did was put a lowering block in the left rear and the car went to winning, it is goin to improve your forward bite just like they say and it will make the car tight off, which is how I prefer, we have won 30 races with the car since the middle of 09 and the same leafs are still on it and still very competitive at any big race we go to. We are running a leaf camaro with both the stock front and rear clip, but it is jig built.