PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Tuning and prices

eddieb1965
12-13-2010, 01:34 PM
I am looking to dyno my new engine,I have never had one dynoed and I need some recommendations around the Springfield.Il. area. I have checked with Triple R in Quincy and they will time it and do a fuel search for 350.00. Is this pretty much the going rate? Or is this by the hour? Do most places use your headers,water pump,clutch? Thanks Eddie

eddieb1965
12-13-2010, 01:44 PM
This is a 406 with Callies crank,Eagle 6" rods,KB domed forged pistons,Rhs Pro Action 64cc 200cc runner heads,Elgin E1090P solid flat tappet cam,Victor jr with a Holley 4412 with 50cc pump and 4.5 power valve and 74 jets. What kind of HP can I expect? and will this be close on jetting,I was told timing should be 36-38 Deg. I want engine close when I take it somewhere. Thanks Eddie

BTDT
12-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Dyno time has always been worth the money for me. I have always decided what we needed to check/test ahead of time such as fuels,timing jetting, different carbs,headers, distributors etc. I have actually changed a cam and yes it was worth the money and 45 HP.

You need to meet with the folks and develop a game plan. No plan no gain any questions?

The money sounds about right for 3-5 hours of time.

Bring everything you need especially jets smaller than you think!!! You will be amazed.

I have 2 to do this year so I guess I am twice and dumb!

eddieb1965
12-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Just found NCP in Mt.Auburn,Il.. They have a 6-8 hr. Dyno deal for 300.00.I would like to hear from anyone that has used their dyno. Eddie

parrot69777
12-20-2010, 10:01 AM
If you are going to dyno....chassis dyno is the best.

ncperformance
01-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Hey guys, Greg from NCP. We let you have the dyno cell all day for $300. You can do any tuning, parts swapping, or whatever you want to do. Bring your buddies and some cool drinks, your dog or whatever you want. Dyno sessions are a blast and you'll learn more in a day than in years at the track about how your engine reacts to tiny changes in the tune. We have you drop it off a day or two before the session. We get in the cell and ready. When dyno day comes you show up and we get right to the fun stuff. You can do all the wrenching yourself if you want or we'll help you for no extra charge. We pull the levers on the dyno. You pay for any of our oil, gas, tuning parts, etc that you use. Everyone signs a waiver. It's best if you bring your own headers, water pump, starter etc. Have us build an engine for you and the first dyno session is a freebie. Call me anytime on my cell at 217-827-3094. Or the shop at 217-676-2660.

hogracer3d
01-02-2011, 11:32 PM
$600 at Vrbancic Bros in Ontario, CA (aka The Carb Shop)

A little pricey, but seein all of the cool end milled billet Hemi heads for Fords and Chevy's from the 70's was bad a$$

Oh, and they know their stuff too.........