PDA

View Full Version : ct525?

powerslide
12-17-2010, 10:16 AM
any reviews from the racers yet? USMTS is allowing them and giving a huge weight break thinking they are going to be pretty tough to beat in 2011. any issues with the blocks? heard drag guys have been having issues but not sure how much NOS they were spraying

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-17-2010, 02:22 PM
any reviews from the racers yet? USMTS is allowing them and giving a huge weight break thinking they are going to be pretty tough to beat in 2011. any issues with the blocks? heard drag guys have been having issues but not sure how much NOS they were spraying

I would think you would almost have to have one if they made you weigh the same. With the weight break, it will become a CT525 series. We are talking about a bicycle-tired race car.

p-towne
12-17-2010, 04:10 PM
MBR. Is right. Looks like the beginning of 525 series. Perhaps Mr Staley is pushing for a 525 crate series. That is some weight break. Maybe Karl Chevrolet will supplant Casey's as title sponsor??

big88fan
12-17-2010, 04:17 PM
I think the motor will be a good thing but guys need to quit comparing this motor to a high quality open motor or even a top of the line steel mod motor dollar for dollar you cant compare a motor "ct525" with its all stock internals to say a motor like mine from hatfield that has the best parts available while I like the idea of a cheap all aluminum motor there are to many guys looking at them as being equal and think the 525 is cheaper but of the same quality
pro's
all aluminum complete ready to go under 10k
big weight breaks in almost every series that allows them
con's
all stock components
not many rebuilders
alot of ct525 only parts to buy

but for series like the usmts I think its great or sanctions like the usra it should help the racers but I sure bet the engine builders hate them

superior chevrolet sells them for $7005.00 out the door thats the best price I have found

jason29a
12-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Its a great idea for that series and long over due IMO. Its perfect for that class and the people that race it.

p-towne
12-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Not sure how they are going to handle rebuilds?? I would guess someone like Mullens could make a couple bucks on rebuilds.
This is a win win for the money teams. They can buy 2-3 crates or buy 1-2 and keep their "BUILT" engine. On the heavy or power tracks use the big pony and on the drier smaller tracks break out the crate.
How can they lose??

powerslide
12-17-2010, 10:30 PM
yeah i think they will be dominate in the summer months on 3/8ths and smaller tracks that arent hammer down. most of these mods now days are running very close to late model style motors anyway and hooking it up on the bigger tracks. I think it will be tough on those style tracks to out run the old package. its all for not i dont have the money to try it out i will stick with my lowly little spec head motor just wanted some feedback on the ct525 thanks guys

big88fan
12-18-2010, 12:29 AM
by far the biggest advantage is getting all that weight off the nose at least with my latemodel its a huge difference in handling between the all steel limited motor and the all aluminum one I have to assume it would be the same with the mod