PDA

View Full Version : coil over kits on mods

chapa9
12-18-2010, 12:48 PM
was wondering why mods seem to not use the coil over kits on a 4 bar..alot i see seem to still run the eliminator with spring and shock separate..just wondering that's all

dirttrackrocker
12-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Im running the coil over on mine. Some guys are running the spring on an eliminator behind the axle and the shock in front. Supposed to help on dry slick

racin6mod
12-18-2010, 04:09 PM
just speaking for my self it's easier to make shock or spring changes at the track.I run a coilover on the lr when clamped up I have two set ups one with a easy up shock and another with a standard shock.

sobe92
12-18-2010, 04:32 PM
when running the coil over behind on the lr you lose some control over the car shock wise because of the lack of movement into the shock. so it is good for super dry slick with a smooth driver on and off the gas but it is super aggressive and can be tougher to drive in traffic. now there are things you can do to help this setup shock wise as well as setup wise.

for most drivers on most tracks running the slider behind with the shock in front on the birdcage gives the shock the most control keeping the car up on the bars on entry.
some guys are running the shock in front on a clamp bracket with the spring behind on a slider attached to the birdcage. another tricky setup on and off the throttle.

all can be won on the same night so just go with what suits the driver.