PDA

View Full Version : leaf help

strykr
12-21-2010, 07:15 PM
Hey guys, I recently bought a mod that has mono-leaf springs attached to the rearend with roller bearing floaters. The coil springs are mounted to the center top of the floaters and the shocks are mounted off the spring pad on the bottom of the leaf springs. It has a long pull bar and a j-bar. The left side of the floater has a locking ring to run it either floated or clamped. Has anyone ever ran this setup and how did it work? I was wondering if I should try this setup or change it up. I'm a novice to modifieds so any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

rdracer00
12-22-2010, 06:22 AM
Call the guys at racemart. They have lots of experience with leaf springs. Run their stacked leaf on the left and mono on right. Run it clamped until you get used to it and then play with un hooking the right rear. We had a car like this and won 6 features with it against bar cars. Throw away the pull bar and j bar. You will need a lift bar. These cars are very easy to drive and great to learn in. They can be very fast in the slick too. Good luck

strykr
12-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Hey thanks for the info, It sounds like the fast-boys setup I've been hearing so much about. I will definately check into it.

rdracer00
12-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Strykr, It is not the fast boys set up. It is way better. In fact Ellis race cars here in forville built a brand new fast boys set up and did the conversion on mine. We were fast everywhere and the other car was not tunable. Trust me the race mart leaf cars are really good. If i could have two cars i would have an fr1 to race as a spare. Good luck, David

dirty white boy
12-25-2010, 05:16 PM
id like to see some pics of this set up if anybody got some thay could post!