PDA

View Full Version : fuel cell position

becker13
12-21-2010, 09:20 PM
whats the advantage of mounting it higher rather then lower or from one side to the other any response will help thanks

fatman_74
12-22-2010, 12:28 AM
the higher the more the weight will trnsfer and left to right for percentages

calif54
12-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Lateral location also effects if the car gains or loses LR as fuel burns- more dynamic when running alcohol. If the cell is on the right, as fuel burns the RR loses weight adding LR (not really adding weight but gaining LR bite) and vice versa if mounted on the left. Just something to consider along with how the location effects static weight percentages and weight transfer as mentioned above.

dsm_speeder
12-25-2010, 02:17 PM
I know this is really not what your asking but here is a small tid bit of information. We try to use the shallowest fuel cell possible. This helps reduce the affects of fuel burn alot. I have two diffrent cells I use. For a regular show (20 lap feature) I use a 16 gallon cell and for longer races I use a 20 gallon cell. I will not give the dimentions of the cell you'll have to do some research but I will say that it keeps the car more consistant throughout the night. The reason for using smaller cell as compared to a 22-32 gallon is the fact that I can put the additional weight needed where I want it and not where the cell puts it. Hope this helps. This set-up is hard to do with alcohol but is great for gas.

zachmckenzieracing
12-27-2010, 04:30 AM
its always best to make your fuel cell height and location adjustable the fuel cell does alot when it comes to cornering as well as heading down the straight away no track is exactly alike having your cell adjustable allows you to make minor adjustments to perfectly tune your machine for the track and conditions