PDA

View Full Version : rayburn shock help

fatman_74
12-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Rayburn says run 6" on the front and 8" on the back would it hurt anything to run 7" on frt and 9" on the back like most everybody else.Or maybe just on the left for more travel because in my opinion my car needs more up travel on the left

supercomet32
12-22-2010, 07:48 AM
No offense, Ive ran Rayburns in the past and will tell you. if you want shock advice DONT go to rayburn for it. hell set you up 50/50 on the rear and tell you to learn to drive it. that takes shock strategy right out of the equation and we all know that shocks wont make a 10th place car win but it will make it finish 7-8th. if you consistently in the top five youll probably win more races or finish top three more often.

The only thing i would ask rayburn about is whether or not you want the chassis powder coated and if you want the deck installed past that Rayburn doesnt help you. Sorry CJ just the way it is.

dirtboy1026
12-22-2010, 08:54 PM
I think the 7in shock on the right front will bottom out in the corners, if you don't use a dropped lower control arm. I think the 9in should be ok in the back.

pmiracing
12-22-2010, 09:22 PM
I still believe that shock technology is where the swingarm cars are behind. I think given the same effort with shocks as the four bars have put in they could be equal if not better on the slick. I think C.J. found what worked at the time and stuck with it. Shocks have come along way in the last few years and the need is there for some of this knowledge to be applied to swingarms. It is hard to believe that $150 throw away shocks are as good as $600+ high tech shocks.

grt74
12-22-2010, 09:47 PM
i think shocks are very miss under stood ive helped alot of young guys at my local track and ive told them all if you are going to race the same track all the time off the shelf bilstiens are the most consistant shocks for the money imo if you know the valving you need there are cheap and if you trash one your not out much now if your traveling double adjustable shocks do have an advantage because you dont have to carry 20 different shocks and to answer the post they will work but you will have to raise the shock mount on the frame or lower it on the lower control arm on the rf or it will bottom out like they said above(i know a couple local track champs on cheap shocks)

fatman_74
12-23-2010, 08:50 AM
well how about just to put them on the left sidethat way i can get more drop w/o topping the shocks out.
thanks

9WRACER
12-23-2010, 09:53 PM
I run 9" shocks on my rayburn with no problem, had to move the top mounts up in front for the 7" shocks or as stated the rf will bottom out. Going to 9 and 7" shocks seemed to help my car alot

Rayburnt1
12-25-2010, 11:05 PM
When we ran Rayburns we got a package from Integra. They were working with Babb and Schlieper at the time. It came with a 6'' RF, 7'' LF, 9'' LR, and a 8'' RR. Yes its a pain for spares, but if you notice Rayburns with Konis pick the LF off the ground way to easy. These shock lengths worked perfectly.

fatman_74
12-25-2010, 11:55 PM
thanks thats what im going with then i believe it will help

lazermod3
12-27-2010, 09:09 PM
if you need shocks i have some 8" bilstein sn series at accuforce for sale they are at the shock builder you can message me or call accuforce i'll give you an exxcelent deal on them

ask anyone these are top notch shocks i'll sell them cheap cheap!