PDA

View Full Version : Shock service

cushionbumper
12-22-2010, 07:31 AM
looking for someone to service our Afco M-2 shocks before the season starts in March.
Suggestions, comments, testimonials would be appreciated.
CM

supercomet32
12-22-2010, 07:44 AM
Dont know where your located. Gary has been doing my shocks for a couple of seasons and is easy to work with and really knows what he's doing. ask around he's putting his shocks under alot of cars that run very well on the top end of things.

http://www.teamgw.com/

Matt49
12-22-2010, 07:45 AM
Where are you located? If you run local/regional, your best bet is to find somebody that knows the tracks that you run.

supercomet32
12-22-2010, 07:51 AM
I would say that Ray Cook, Clint Smith, Dale Mcdowell, Ed Carrier, Bart Hartman Will Vaught and Shane Clanton could get around just about any track you race on and they all Run Gary's Shocks

cushionbumper
12-22-2010, 07:53 AM
we are located in Va, and it would be nice to find someone in the state that does shock service.
CB

cushionbumper
12-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Dont know where your located. Gary has been doing my shocks for a couple of seasons and is easy to work with and really knows what he's doing. ask around he's putting his shocks under alot of cars that run very well on the top end of things.

http://www.teamgw.com/

It appears from Gary's website he only services Integra shocks. Looking for a shop to service Afco M-2's.
CB

talclipse
12-22-2010, 09:17 AM
Yes, Winger is now exclusively doing integra stuff now. As far as servicing the M2s your options are relatively limited. You can go with Captain, though there were some posts a while back about him not being the most responsive. Personnaly when we were running the M2 stuff we would send ours to http://www.resuspension.com/. They seemed to be able to improve the off the shelf valving and are relatively close to you in VA.

jason29a
12-22-2010, 11:29 AM
CM,

Call Chris Santucci at RE Technologies... (901) 385-9621

email: Chris@racingeclipse.com

He is a really great guy and wont steer you in the wrong direction. The Company is owned by Carl Edwards and Chris has alot of experience on dirt and pavement. He services all different brands of shocks.

Tell him "Jason" from botsford racing referred you.

QuesinberryRacing
12-27-2010, 11:32 PM
Call Kenny at B&O Racing Shocks in Mt. Airy, NC, just 5 miles from the Va line. He is an Afco Shock dealer and authorized rebuilder and is highly recommended from Afco. He will do you right and shoot you straight. (336) 789-6365. Tell him Wayne Qberry sent ya.

teaminsane
12-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Agreed. Kenny at B&O is on top of the M2's right now. He does all of my work and I wouldn't think of switching.

silverzinsd
12-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Not Real close to you but, Mike At Right Foot Performance is the man in our area for m2's. They do great work and stand by there products. visit www.rightfootperformance.net for all the numbers. Or PM me for more info

Go Vols
01-01-2011, 10:18 AM
I would give Kirk @ Envy Suspension a call. It seems to me that all the M2 stuff he's been doing has been really good most everywhere his guys go.

wtc 46
01-17-2011, 06:14 PM
there's a lot people working on shocks these days, but like qusinberry said in a previous post, kenny at B&O shocks in mt. airy, nc. is the man when it comes to shocks! he's been in racing his entire life. he lives, eats, and breathes shocks! you don't have to be local for him to help! if you need him...he's there! he had shocks in victory lane at rolling thunder raceway in ararat, va and friendship speedway in elkin nc every week! he's building shocks for all the winners around here and beyond. i could go on and on about kenny and his shock service, but the answers to all your tech questions are just a phone call away! 336-789-6365