PDA

View Full Version : i am finishing my fist metric chassis have a few ???

ugot86d
12-24-2010, 10:25 AM
i bent the frame front and rear on my camaro so i am finishing building a 84 cutlass.

1. do yall weld the frame horn seams up like my camaro was ?

2. if i install early nova lowers what uppers, spindles, and steering center and ends do i use?

3. do yall move the trailing arm mounts any? i can see an advantage to moving them some.

our rules read stock arms in stock mounts. doesnt talk about location.

4 our track is a paperclip(loooong straits and tight turns slightly banked less than 12degree in turns. but you can carry good speed) do i need to start in the 225 and 250 spring rate in the rear with a 5 5 valve and 7 3 valve shock setup?? those shocks worked well with a camaro.

5. how much left wheel do yall run in metrics? they sware the guys runnin up front have 350 to 400 left wheel in the car i just find that hard to belive. i never had over 120 in my camaro but thats comparing apples to oranges. thats why so many questions.
i am not looking for secrets yall have just input on a starting point.

thanks for any help
butch

ugot86d
12-24-2010, 10:29 AM
oh yall have a merry christmas............. and remember that gifts are fun and remember the reason for the season....... our saviours reconized birthday happy birthday JESUS

fast_crew
12-24-2010, 03:34 PM
I have never put the longer lowers on a metric, but for starters. Your gonna want to run tall impala/caprice/camaro style spindles, and or longer balljoints. Tubular uppers just long enough to give you proper camber, but short enough to have good camber gain. Center link will probably have to be custom, which is usually needed on a metric car anyhow to fix the bumpsteer.

I would start with 1000lf/11-1200rf 225lr/200rr. I would start with about 150lbs of LR bite.

97purestock
12-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Never put the longer lowers on a metric, but for starters. Your gonna want to run tall impala/caprice/camaro style spindles, and or longer balljoints. Tubular uppers just long enough to give you proper camber, but short enough to have good camber gain. Center link will probably have to be custom, which is usually needed on a metric car anyhow to fix the bumpsteer.

I would start with 1000lf/11-1200rf 225lr/200rr. I would start with about 150lbs of LR bite.

what length is needed for a custom center link to make much of an improvement in the bump? I have been trying to figure out how to improve this.

fast_crew
12-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Depends what you have done with the suspension,(ours had imapla spindles, stock ball joints and control arms) the center link length is determined by the length of the tierods (from inner to outer pivot) The tierods should be as close to the same length as the lower control arm, and on the same plane or angle as possible. Metric cars bumpsteer can be measured in INCHES...after mods we got it down to 0-.050" on both sides, we aren't allowed heims or spacers for tierods. PM me your email I have a sketch with info I can send you.