PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity to race a 2-day, $20,000 to win Open Wheel Modified event but ACT NOW!!!

hook
12-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Yep! But if that's what you want, you better enter ASAP! It's an 18-hour drive from say Charlotte, NC to the Iowa-Minnesota border for this one -- 2nd weekend of April. As a minimum, you'll have to drive up on Wednesday and Thursday, race Friday and Saturday (hope for no weather issues!) and drive back on Sunday and Monday.

What's the up side? Oh it's good....about as good as it gets!!!

The first pre-entry deadline is Saturday, January 15th. Enter by then by mail or call 515-832-7944 by credit card and your entry fee is $250. After that date, it goes to $300 and then jumps to $400 at the gate. But you need to enter NOW and here's why...

Qualifying nights are Wednesday, April 6th, Thursday the 7th and Friday the 8th. Finals are on Saturday the 9th. PLEASE note that the RAINDATE/WEATHER DATE for this show is April 13th through the 16th just in case. There won't be refunds if they can get this race in over either weekend.

In order to make this a 2-day show for you that pays $20,000 TO WIN and $1500 JUST TO START THE A-MAIN (with lots of non-qualifier money too beginning with a $300 to start H-main), you need to ENTER NOW and choose FRIDAY as your qualifying night. Once Friday has 50 drivers that want to qualify that night, no more will be put on Friday until Thursday and Wednesday get 50 each. Then it becomes a rotation with the 151st entry going on one night and the 152nd and 153rd going on different nights and so on.

Enter now and pick Friday and you'll have to pay that $250 entry, travel costs to southeast Minnesota and back and 2-days worth of pit passes for you and your crew. Like I said though, the upside is HUGE! A mains paydown starts at $20,000-12,000-7000-5000-4000-3000 down to $1500 to start (complete paydown below). 30 CARS START THE A! The first non-qualifier in the B-main AND C-main each get $1000 with $700 just to start the B and $600 just to start the C. The D pays $500 to start, the E, $450, F $400, G $350 and H $300 just to start.

And in this qualifying format YOU LOOSE NOTHING BY RACING JUST FRIDAY AND SATURDAY. (except a shot at a 'mulligan' which is explained in the entry form below and I'll talk about that deal more in a later post!). The same amount of points are available each night and only one night counts. So, you CAN BE THE NUMBER ONE QUALIFIER of all 3 nights on any of the nights including Friday night. There ARE hot lap sessions prior to the heat races EACH night! See how this can be a legitimate 2-day, $20,000 to win event???!!!

AND....

If you've never been to Deer Creek Speedway....OUTSTANDING FACILITY! Truly is and I've seen a few race tracks in my day. The equipment is 2nd to none and I saw with my own eyes what THAT Deer Creek crew can do at last year's USMTS Fall Jamboree. Terrible floods in southeast Minnesota on September 22nd and 23rd, 2010. 6 and half inches of rain at the track on the 23rd alone. Deer Creek overran it's banks and they had to move haulers and campers away from rising water. Not one but four pumps kept draining the infield and when they were able to start working the track they had all the graders, tractors, tillers, sheep-footers and packers you could possibly want or have at any dirt track in the country. On Friday, Sep 24th at 1PM we practiced for 2 hours. We raced at the advertised start time of 6:30 on Friday, 5:30 on Saturday and 4:30 on Sunday -- on the dot! And the TRACK WAS SMOOTH with 3 and 4-wide racing ALL 3 NIGHTS FROM START TO FINISH. They didn't have to on one of the nights, but they reworked the track very quickly before the B-mains on the other two. It worked like a charm. They know just what to do with that race track and they have the equipment AND they know how to use it! If ANY TRACK can pull this off that far north in April, Deer Creek Speedway CAN DO IT!!!

Deer Creek is a wide, well-banked small 3/8 mile black dirt track. Looks and races beautiful with great concessions and staff too! You'll love it...

Make sure you watch the TV series 'Dirt Knights' starting THIS SUNDAY, January 2nd at 6PM eastern, 5PM CST on the Versus Network which features six modified teams as they chase the USMTS championship in 2010. One or more of the episodes will feature Deer Creek Speedway. This World Modified Dirt Track Championship is a non-points USMTS event run with USMTS staff and rules. They are some of the best I've seen too.

There ya go! Better enter first chance you get before Friday fills up!!! Last I heard, they were up to 39 entries overall but that was a couple weeks ago so DON'T PUT IT OFF!!!
http://www.hooksrpm.com/WMDTC-4-6-11entry.jpg (http://www.usmts.com)

hook
01-31-2011, 01:37 AM
Several UNOFFICIAL notes here:

-- 111 entries now in.

-- the rain dates have changed. It's now July 27th-30th. Won't be any snow then, lol!

-- the $250 rate has been extended to Jan 31st. TODAY!

-- Wednesday and Thursday each have their initial 50 cars. Surprisingly, only 11 guys so far have made this a 2-day show with Arkansas's Johnny Bone, Jr. leading the Friday entry list.

-- So far, racers from Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, New Mexico, California and New York have entered this race! Join them TODAY!!!

-- Almost all the Wednesday and Thursday cars have paid the extra $100 for a mulligan. I would think a team in the top 20 in points would want to 'stick'. That should - I say 'should' because you don't really know how the passing points will turnout for sure after three nights - put them in at least the $500 to start D main. I don't think you want to risk being in an H if you are already in the D or close to it. Only the top 6 each night know for sure where they are.

-- Once the total car count is known and Wednesday is done, USMTS will try and move enough cars over to Friday and make the car count for Thursday and Friday be as close to the same as possible. There will be a bit of a guessing game there as they will not know for sure how many cars will 'stick' with Thursday's point total and how many will throw it out and use their Mulligan. Some are on a waiting list, waiting for Friday to fill up so they can get on Wednesday or Thursday and buy a mulligan too.

-- But, Friday-only cars have the same chance at the pole or the top 18 Friday night as the other nights do. This is a very legitimate 2-day, $20,000-to-win, $150,000 total purse race. And through midnight tomorrow, you can still enter for $250. $300 after that. $400 at the gate. Travel Thursday or Friday if you're close enough. Come back Sunday or Monday. Maybe just one or two days off from work this way or minimal vacation use/favor use anyway.

-- if the car count goes over 150, more 'H' mains will be added so as long as you race in one, you're guaranteed at least $300 back on Saturday.

Call USMTS for official info! www.USMTS.com

hook
02-06-2011, 03:31 PM
The average high in southeast Minnesota for April 6th through 9th is 50 and the average low is 30 (we'll take it!) with a record low of 5 in 1936 on April 6th and 8 in 1997 on April 9th...ouch.... BUT...

The record HIGH temps were in 1991 when for three straight days, the temps hit the MID-to-UPPER EIGHTIES!!! That'll work!!! If not, there's always July....