PDA

View Full Version : Rocket front suspension question .

Rocket up top
12-30-2010, 08:05 AM
My question is could someone please clear up some of my misconception and explain what the true differences are between the blue/gray and black front ends i know the spindles are different but is it the height of them or the location of the tie rod mount and is there any other differences in the frame/crossmember. The other question i have is why are the spring rates less for the RF of a black car seems the b/g cars are a lot heavier on rates.

29B Crewman
01-01-2011, 06:06 PM
The Black front is wider (frame width) than the blue, thus requiring a softer spring for the same wheel rate. The Gray spindle is an option to the blue front, and has more ackerman.

Rocket up top
01-02-2011, 10:11 AM
ok thanks for the info on that. Are there any of the touring series guys that use the black front end cars,and does it seem like the b/g or black front end cars work better on certain types of tracks ?

talclipse
01-03-2011, 06:34 AM
There are a few guys that have black front end car(s) they are using. The sweetners plus team still runs several '05 black front end cars. I believe Chub runs them as well.

The blue spindles are better in the mud than the gray spindles (a lot guys forget that the blue front end was originally designed as the 'swing arm' front end). The gray spindles are better than the blues in the slick. The only difference between the blue and gray is the length of the steering arm. The primary thing you will feel is the difference in the speed of the front end.

The black front end cars really like to be driven aggressively and will still drive forward with a lot of yaw. If you get one of the B/G cars sideways they will not drive forward. IMO the black cars work better on your smaller tighter radius tracks.

Rocket up top
01-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the info talclipse, your right about getting the b/g cars sideways we had one of the early blue front end cars then with the up dates even when it was brand new seemed like if you had to get aggressive driving even when it just started to slick off nomatter what we changed it always seemed to have this 4 wheel skate after you would get it even a little bit hung out on the tighter tracks.

DK1
01-12-2011, 09:02 PM
is the black spindle the same no matter the year of the chassis?