PDA

View Full Version : Calling 22Dodge or.......... ??

84Dave
01-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Looking for some good, used 2.3/2.5 SOHC Ford roller-followers. Anyone have a couple of dozen that they wish to sell? If you can help, PM me or carpda@msn.com. Thanks, -Dave-

Racedad
01-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi Dave!
I have plenty of the newer style ones for the 7mm stems.Probably 30-40 of them cheap if you can use them.I highly recommend the 7mm stems afer many seasons with no valve failures even using the stock valves.
Is that right you moved east??
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Dean

TOTALAWSUM7
01-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Dave, I have some of the large stems.....email me if so .....Tony

84Dave
01-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Dean & Tony........ thanks for your input & offers. Now I'll seriously think about my requirement(s) & get back to you soon. Yes Dean....... recently retired from my professional aerospace job on the western Nellis Air Combat Range(NV), and headed back to my place of birth & raising...... Ohio. At the moment, in the little 554-person town of Thurston. Sure is a huge difference from Las Vegas !! -Dave-

84Dave
01-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Dean & Tony........ would you e-mail me at carpda@msn.com & let me know the quantity & my cost for the GOOD wide & 7mm roller-followers you're willing to sell?

Thanks, -Dave-

JBV-HEADS
01-16-2011, 05:09 PM
So you are in OHIO now. Congrates on the retirement. I'm in Idaho half the time now. Just got back to CA for a month. Talked to and seen John Nesmith's shop in Meridian ID. He has the right machines to do serious performance work. Nice Rottler F65 CNC block machine and a Serdi 3.0 for the top end. Short on tooling but that comes with time. Have you guys ever met? Again good luck on the retirement.

Joe

84Dave
01-17-2011, 07:54 AM
Joe...... yep, residing in Ohio now. Still trying to get used to the cold temps & snow. Retirement has not been that much fun, up to this point. I'm used to 14-hour days! LOL! Yes, we've raced the Pro-4 @ Meridian many times over the years. Met many fine people there. Idaho seems to have a different mindset than most other western states. I've informally met John, I know Mike & Jim Bailey, Kenny Chandler & his Pro-4 'Vette, & Garrett Doyle is still in the process of moving his entire #1 Pro-4 DOHC Honda operation out of Palmdale, CA to Nampa, ID, on the outskirts of Boise. Dan Smith also left CA and moved to ID. All very fine racers, along with many others clear across Idaho. We also love the paved oval way up north in Post Falls. -Dave-

horsewidower
02-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Geez, Dave, when people retire they're supposed to leave Ohio and move to Nevada, LOL.

This year was the first time I visited Ohio, in October at the Engine Masters event in Lima. Looks like Ohio has taken a bit of a hit with the decline in the fortunes of the domestic automobile industry.

Hope you start having fun...

Best Regards
Bob Holmes

84Dave
02-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Bob....... I know, I know..... what I did doesn't make a lot of sense?? LOL! However, I was born & raised in north-central OH, farm boy, (17) of us in my 1959 graduating class @ Ruggles-Troy High(now bulldozed), Nova, OH. A few remaining of the Carpenter Clan back here. We've been in OH since 1791..... yes, 1791, when George Washington let grand-pappy John Carpenter set up a trading post near what today is Marietta, OH. Been quite a run!! Oh yeah..... the OH economy isn't in the best shape at the moment, but it's slowly coming back in some areas. -Dave-

horsewidower
02-02-2011, 02:21 PM
We flew into Dayton and hired a limo to get us to UNOH (cheaper than renting a car, by a lot) We got quite the economics discussion. Dayton lost 7 car plants and NCR. Lima, well, when we were trying to find a Radio Shack to fix an EFI issue we got a tour of shut down and vacant commercial space.

The countryside around there is beautiful.

Wrencherer
02-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Dave are you going to be racing up here and if so will it be dirt or the other stuff?

wvdirtracer30
02-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Bob....... I know, I know..... what I did doesn't make a lot of sense?? LOL! However, I was born & raised in north-central OH, farm boy, (17) of us in my 1959 graduating class @ Ruggles-Troy High(now bulldozed), Nova, OH. A few remaining of the Carpenter Clan back here. We've been in OH since 1791..... yes, 1791, when George Washington let grand-pappy John Carpenter set up a trading post near what today is Marietta, OH. Been quite a run!! Oh yeah..... the OH economy isn't in the best shape at the moment, but it's slowly coming back in some areas. -Dave-

Hey Dave welcome back home.

I live in Parkersburg, WV right down the road and across the river from Marietta, Ohio.
Maybe I'll see you at a track somewhere in Ohio or WV this summer.

84Dave
02-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Once I thoroughly get settled in central Ohio, Thurston, I'll likely try to hook up with a couple of paved-oval 4-cylinder teams & lend some help where I can. In the meantime, I'll still lend a hand to some west coast Pro-4 teams I'm familiar with. E-mail & a Cell phone are a big help in that regard. I'm also working with a 'vintage' 2.0L Mercury Capri road-race team in VA, as well as a couple of road rallye teams in Ireland. To say nothing of time spent on 4m.net. & other Forums. So....... I have enough to keep my mind busy with 4-cylinder racing. -Dave-

dannyracer6
02-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Dave,
I sold my car inDec,and I already regret it. Just cant find the money to maintain a car. I stay close to the guys here in Meridian area, and Might help Bob Copley with the Alliance this year. I will keep my options open, and see where it leads.

Dan

84Dave
02-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Dan........ I'm sure Copley could use the help @ the Alliance races. That could be one whale of a series in 2011! -Dave-