PDA

View Full Version : Moving top bar to left on 3 link

RW57
01-02-2011, 05:26 PM
I am gonna ask question here on a bomber car with rear suspension 3 linked solid top bar I am moving top link to left and putting more angle in it what will this do . I know more angle gives more bite when throttle is hit leaving corner right or wrong . I am also looking at increaseing length of bar from 20 inches to around 26. Will this cause car to drive more off of left rear am also looking at puttiing a 16 inch spring in left rear 13 inch in left as jack screws are all the way down with 11 inch rear springs.Car is very similar to open wheel metric chassis.Weighs 2900 w driver 105 inch wheelbase biggest difference is engine is set back to no 1 plug lined up with ball joint not set back like an open wheel. We are struggling with foward bite off corner car does run big z 28 sway bar it also has 12 in wheels w d 55 hoosiers rough percentages are 50 .4 cross 50.2 rear 54 left hard to get much more rear w /out being way heavy talk to me Thanks

RW57
01-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Reason I posted on modifieds is car is very similar also their appears to be more knowledge about set ups on here I have access to the top cars in this classes set ups I pretty much know what they are running if I run the same thing they have I will not be any better I got in car twice last year did ok not being in a car in over 25 years my son drives the car he is 21 years old competing against drivers with up to 15 years exp tough sledding here I know I can make car better the car does not appear to get over on right side like I think it needs to I got car better through out the year he said last race was best car felt all year just lacked foward bite off corners or looked like to me it did it appeared to be spinning the wheels off the corners I am kind off handicapped here as he does not have enough exp to really tell me what car is doing I have to adjust by what I see and by my limited seat time