PDA

View Full Version : Rear Control Arms

wesley01
01-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Has anyone ever tried to use a tube and rod ends in place of upper and lower control arms on the rear of the car?? and on lower left arm is it better to raise the cup on the frame or lower on rear end? and how much angle?

bushracing67
01-03-2011, 10:32 AM
i use 3/4 aluminum hex tube, spacers in heims for 1/2" bolt and i use old race car lug nuts as spacers to center the heim in the stock mounts, i lower my l/r on axle and rasie the mount on the frame, i have multiple holes on the frame and i think it is a more noticeable change moving the rod on the frame than on the axle... but that could just be me lol

stock car driver
01-03-2011, 11:23 AM
i use 3/4 aluminum hex tube, spacers in heims for 1/2" bolt and i use old race car lug nuts as spacers to center the heim in the stock mounts, i lower my l/r on axle and rasie the mount on the frame, i have multiple holes on the frame and i think it is a more noticeable change moving the rod on the frame than on the axle... but that could just be me lol

Are you racing again?

bushracing67
01-07-2011, 11:12 AM
i never stopped ?

stock car driver
01-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Oh I see. The old thread is gone where I called you out and you admitted you havent raced but a hand full of times in the last 2-3 years and listed all the reasons why.

Hope you had a good new year and do get to race in 2011.

fast_crew
01-09-2011, 09:01 AM
AND WHAT might this have to do with what he uses or used for rear trailing arms ?? What worked 10 years ago still works today in some instances.

bushracing67
01-10-2011, 05:00 PM
i ran a full season at my home track this year and 4 or 5 shows at a couple other tracks, so regardless of my racing history, your thoughts are advice from a total moron that races 2-3 nights a week would be better than a that of someone capable of setting up a winning car that rarely races or may not be capable of driving at all.... i mean really... why would listen to chad knaus anyway ?... he doesn't even drive a race car:D

stock car driver
01-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Hey congrats on racing a full season. On the old forum you had a list a mile long of excuses why you couldnt race, it was so sad I almost sponsored you some $$$..

Glad I didnt.

Are you still racing on late model take offs? Might want to let guys know that since most anyone on those tires spends their effort FREEING their car up where IMCA tire, oem tire guys need traction.

stock car driver
01-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Whos the moron racing 3 nights a week? I only raced 27 times last season. I did race 6 days in a row once..

Spent a month in my rv jeeping the rubicon out in California, black hills in south dakota, colorado etc. Also went to some Nascrap races.

bushracing67
01-11-2011, 09:39 PM
i think you have me confused with someone else, i raced 27 times in 2006, 25 times in 2007, destroyed my chassis at mercer in October 2007 (had my first child July 2007), put a deposit on a new chassis November 2007 which was never built because he (a reputable chassis builder) turned out to be a douche bag, bought a new chassis July 2008 and put that together just in time to break a motor, i was quite disgusted so i parked it til this past season.... wasn't really any sob story to go with any of it, if you wanna flip me some cash i can give you my address

btw, i was not referring to you as the moron, nor me as a genius, just trying to get my perception right on your thoughts

wiley78k
01-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Hey bush67 did you have adjustable mounting holes on ur rear axle? If you did, did you notice a significant change by moving from one hole to another hole? thanks

wiley racing 78k