PDA

View Full Version : Pull Bar

dirttrackrocker
01-03-2011, 10:13 AM
I have an older GRT that is set up for a long pull bar. The front mount is above the driveshaft hoop. Overall length is in the neighborhood of 30". I am running the car 4/Z. Should I put a mount for a short bar in it???

EFR Motorsports llc
01-03-2011, 11:23 AM
It is really more driver preference then anything we have an 2010 and have used the long and short, I personally like the longer one but if you run places that are stop and go you may benefit from the shorter one. The rule of thumb is the shorter bar gets bite faster but the longer one holds it further down the straight. I have developed what I feel is the best choice for a GRT if interested let me know.

texas racer
01-04-2011, 09:36 PM
I had a older GRT listen to EFR if you go to a short bar you will put to much angle in it. If you use a spring bar it will hit your J bar when it comes down off the bars.

Darkstar15
01-05-2011, 07:42 AM
Too much angle in a short bar may well end up with contact between Jbar and a spring pull bar. We had that happen and broke the pullbar and other parts. We got a jbar with less drop and solved the problem.
The one we had had 6in drop and we got a 4in drop and were good.

John

BigBlueFord
01-05-2011, 10:31 AM
I have developed what I feel is the best choice for a GRT if interested let me know.

EFR:

My son and I have a 2010 GRT modified.

I would like to see what you have developed for the GRT pullbar bracket. Please either PM or email at rhansen@machlink.com with the details.

Thanks

Rex

EFR Motorsports llc
01-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Sorry to those of you who sent pm's I don't check them very often. Any way about the bar to clear up some things I sell these as well as all other race parts it is kind of my pet project. I worked with 6 other drivers on this to find something that all of us could agree on to be the best all around bar. No more changing for track conditions or replacing bushings every 10 nights. We had a total of 7 cars on it this year 2 of which won multiple USMTS Features this year ( yea the lift arm can be beat ) Sorry I will not tell you exactly what it is or why it works better than ALL others. I have customers that paid for this and it would just not be fair to out the info that others have had to pay for not to mention all the testing that was put into this bar. With that being said if you are interested the bar sells complete for $325.00 you can call EFR Motorsports at 573-330-8462 ask for Erik for info about this part.

Speed Costs How Fast Do You Want To Go

texas racer
01-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Maybe you should show what you are selling so we can see what we will be buying.

modfan55
03-22-2011, 08:53 AM
website please??