PDA

View Full Version : north georgia speedway 2011

chrisd4
01-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Anyone know if timmy is gonna run tha place or what just trying to see whats up for 2011. thanks CD4

security one
01-04-2011, 06:46 AM
I wouldn't count on it everything leads towards no .Everybody knows about the contract but they are just pieces of paper don't mean much.

robuga
01-04-2011, 03:16 PM
I'm hearing that he's not going to run it this year.. :( I hope it's just a rumor! Hope they let us know something or Youngs lets someone get it and run it before it's to late..

robuga
01-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Just heard from a reliable source... Timmy is out! No Money there :(

mqdirtracer57
01-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Hopefully it will open...I was looking foward to racing there this season

js6859
01-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Sugar Creek-????????
Tri-County-??????
North Georgia-?????

I guess I'll go fishing!

robuga
01-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Don't count the track out.... got someone trying to get it.Can't mention no names right now but if I here something will let you know something asap...

js6859
01-05-2011, 09:50 AM
There was some great racing there last year. I hope it opens in 2011.

keithbaker
01-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Went there once last year for first time, great track to race at, 2-3 grooves and fast

racer99fan
01-05-2011, 02:38 PM
i have heard the track would not bee open this year not 100% sure o wish the pople runs boyds we get it think theay would get a lot off cars in fans in the stands

RW57
01-05-2011, 04:06 PM
That is a real shame we were planning on running there regular next year. The money was better than Dixie in the lower classes and spread father back. Dixie still pays the same money I raced for 27 yrs ago yep that is right in 1984 I got if I am not mistaken 400 dollars for winning the B Sportsman feature at Dixie A Cadet I used to get 250 these two classes today would be crate and super bomber now. I know times are tough but same pay for cars that cost 3 to 4 times as much today as 27 years ago, That just ain't right That is why we were looking foward to racing at North Ga. May be someone can get it

usedtobefast
01-05-2011, 05:46 PM
I heard that the go cart track across the street was going to move over there?

js6859
01-05-2011, 06:51 PM
I heard that the go cart track across the street was going to move over there?

I hope that rumor is not true. It is a shame for such a good track not to be run.

skinnyracer39
01-05-2011, 07:11 PM
i hope that rumor is not true. It is a shame for such a good track not to be run. the go carts cannot compete on the big track because insurance wont let them .

chrisd4
01-05-2011, 08:49 PM
your right skinny theres noway they would come over to tha big track tha track cross from n.ga is perfect why would they want to change ive raced at both n.ga is perfect for tha cars and tha same for dogwood speedway perfect for gocarts

99plummer
01-06-2011, 08:27 PM
How can anyone expect a track to grow if people keep pulling the plug after one year.

robuga
01-07-2011, 07:46 AM
Totally agree..I thought when the contract was signed, I was like heck ya..But if he signed a contract how can they break the contract?Can't Young's still make them pay?

racer99fan
01-07-2011, 08:00 AM
hope some one gets it soon but it ant looking to good o and hope theay go by boyds rules in have a good car count in a lot off pople in the stands

security one
01-07-2011, 08:31 AM
The track needs to be sold it is for sale but the youngs can't all agree on a price ive heard way to much on it .The problem with leasing it you pay alot of money and the track needs alot of money spend on it but you can't afford to do it with a lease not much money to be made that way

RacinwithRex
01-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Let me just say this, First the Young Family has been nothing but Great to the racing community. But in these times the property is worth more as anything BUT a racetrack. It's not like the ole days of a cowpasture with some bleachers and a track. The overhead of LEASING and Operation go up ever year, while the attendance goes down. The amount of money it takes now days far outweighs the take home pay. I think that Timmy has shown that he give all his time and effort toward making it work. When the dust settles it just isn't worth it. I also think that Timmy has showed just how hard it was to make it work. Most folks want to lay blame somewhere that is not fair to the owners and promoters and that is just not the case with this racetrack.

thinker
01-07-2011, 01:23 PM
When income is far below expenses, I don't see how you can expect Timmy to continue running the track. There items were not close to being even. The promoter at Trii-County at least made a profit but decided it was so small that he did not return.

PaperMen
01-07-2011, 02:59 PM
North Georgia is losing a Heck of a Promoter.........Someone should step up as a Sponsor and try keeping Timmy there!!

skinnyracer39
01-07-2011, 04:38 PM
north georgia is losing a heck of a promoter.........someone should step up as a sponsor and try keeping timmy there!! i agree with you papermen

MADCAPRACING22
01-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Maybe Mr. Millwood will go back to wake up Sugar Creek! I miss that track! The drive to the track is pleasant and the track nestled up in the mountains is cool! I remember a few years ago when that track was a treat to go to on friday nights. T.M. did a great job up there! I still got Dixie to the south, Rome to the west, Cleveland and Tri-county on up north but my little Georgia mountain triangle is withering away. I would like to see someone like Ray Cook pick these tracks up(Sugar Creek and North Georgia). I really hope North Georgia is not dead.

sclantonfan
01-07-2011, 09:07 PM
folks, timmy is out. heard he is going to tri county. someone is also looking at opening sugarcreek. NGS is not running this year. sorry folks. now we have to find a place to run supers. no one around here is running them.

chrisd4
01-07-2011, 09:17 PM
A bunch of you are right why cant some of these big money makers in supers step up and help timmy i talked to timmy last season and i must say hes a class act and they had a great fireworks show there buttttt if you dont make money or enough to make a profit and maint. up keep then your in a loseing battle i think timmy would have been the missing pc to n.ga but this day in time its hard to keep that cash cow afloat so guess this is it sux but maybe that ogirl will rise once again in due time guess ill just have to built me a a or b hobby car i love the love mini class but they also are a dieing breed in these parts. well to the ones that know me talk to uall at a track this year or somthing goodbye. D4

ozzie 35
01-08-2011, 07:43 AM
If Timmy doesn't have any money then the contract means nothing.You can't pay the purse with a contract.

puredirt
01-08-2011, 08:37 AM
if your not 100% sure but you have heard the track is not going to be open why post something like that. Im 100% sure that post was uncalled for.

chrish
01-09-2011, 07:44 AM
I can't help but to conclude that if the economy was looking good for 2011, we would'nt be discussing this topic. N Ga is a FUN track to drive and good to learn on(just too many dogs!) As for Sugar Creek, theres almosy NO money being made there in the surrounding areas for fans to spend.
I blame the America hating, job killing half-breed, Kenyan born, joker in the WH!

MADCAPRACING22
01-09-2011, 08:28 AM
I can't help but to conclude that if the economy was looking good for 2011, we would'nt be discussing this topic. N Ga is a FUN track to drive and good to learn on(just too many dogs!) As for Sugar Creek, theres almosy NO money being made there in the surrounding areas for fans to spend.
I blame the America hating, job killing half-breed, Kenyan born, joker in the WH!

Thats right! Thats right!

drflavio309
01-22-2011, 02:16 PM
I think there is lot's of speculation going on here, and no one knows for sure, why not wait and see.... I mean if a sponsor steps up and helps with some of the cost a full season could still be run, it was later than this last year when it was the same thing and everyone was saying " It will NOT open" but look what happened... one hell of a season with great racing. so don't go condemning the place until an official annnouncement is made.....
I had the honor of covering the races there last season and the one's I have talked to say it ain't done yet, things are in the works to get the show on the road, so let's wait and see and stop "bench promoting".....
put it this way.... on my calender all my saturday nights are marked NGS......

the dr.

drflavio309
01-23-2011, 10:07 AM
http://topofthebox.wordpress.com/2011/01/23/thoughts-from-the-dr-10/
I cover lot's of what is going on at NGS on my blog should any of you care to follow it please do so.. I try and post a couple times a week or when new news pops up...
thanks
the dr.