PDA

View Full Version : burt brinn or falcon??

dirty white boy
01-05-2011, 03:01 AM
whats the deference in these 3 trans?? an witch ones interchange what with each other??? and witch do you prefer an why???

racin6mod
01-05-2011, 05:53 PM
I repair all three at my shop and from that I believe the brinn is top of the list.the bert is the most popular(the sbc of the trany's) the falcon I would not use in any of my cars just a cheap design.ther are guys that like the falcon I just .

none of them are a straight easy change.

bert to brinn shifter linkage and drive shaft.
bert to falcon crank coupler,shifter linkage and drive shaft.
brinn to falcon crank coupler and shifter linkage.

big88fan
01-05-2011, 09:28 PM
reliability- the brinn hands down they flat out last longer
but we run bert ballsplines in our late models go figure

dirty white boy
01-06-2011, 12:12 AM
I repair all three at my shop and from that I believe the brinn is top of the list.the bert is the most popular(the sbc of the trany's) the falcon I would not use in any of my cars just a cheap design.ther are guys that like the falcon I just .

none of them are a straight easy change.

bert to brinn shifter linkage and drive shaft.
bert to falcon crank coupler,shifter linkage and drive shaft.
brinn to falcon crank coupler and shifter linkage.

what bout the bellhouseing an starter gear,...kinda dumb bout this tryin to learn,..1st thang i learned is all this is high dollar stuff!!!

racin6mod
01-06-2011, 04:51 PM
you can use the same bellhousing with all 3 the falcon does have a very thin bellhousing about 2 inches thick for eastern modifieds.

rubbinsracin
03-07-2011, 09:39 PM
we went with a falcon because it was about $400 cheaper out of the box and we have had zero problems with it. with proper upkeep they will last forever. we run about 40 races a year and change the fluid every 5 races with synthetic ATF per the manual. We have had it for 5 years now and the only thing we have done is take it apart after this year and change out the clutch pack because we felt like it. ended up keeping the old ones in a container of atf because they looked brand new. so we have about 200 nights on it plus about 10 ten test and tune days and still have a brand new tranny with minimal costs.

sj valley dave
03-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Brinn tranny with a Bert bellhousing. I like the Bert coupler as it is a 2 piece and a lot cheaper to just replace the ring gear than a whole new Brinn coupler. The Brinn has been bulletproof..going on 5 years now with the same clutch pack..

BerckFan
03-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Nothing against Bert or Brinn....But a friend of mine has run a USED Falcon approximately 60 nights over the last 2 1/2 years with ZERO problems.