PDA

View Full Version : 3-link help

ThrowInDirt
01-05-2011, 08:11 AM
I just bought a mod thats 3-link, Right now the LR has coil over behind the axle and RR has the coil on top of rearend. Should I leave it like this or should I put the springs on sliders.

Also there is no Brake floaters on the car, Is this something I should do? and if so do you put brake floaters on both sides or just the LR

And finally , I noticed the brackets for the links and shocks are clamped on the rearend, I was thinking about buying the BSB birdcages for it, Is it worth the money buying them

Thanks in advance

dirttrackrocker
01-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Im not 100% sure, but, I don't think you can run birdcages on a 3 link?? Unless you lock them up which kinda defeats the purpose. Most common spring set up is spring in front on LR and on top on RR, or both on top. Brake floater on LR will help with corner entry.

charcoal01
01-05-2011, 08:59 AM
you can't run birdcages on a three link. if you're going to convert the car over to 4 link then you'll have to buy the birdcages.

as far as moving the spring, depends on what kind of track you're going to be racing on and how you like a car to handle. if you moved the lr spring in front of the axle its going to get tighter on the throttle. that set up works really well on tracks that like to go dry slick a lot or a tight turned track where you've gotta kinda pitch the car then get back hard on the gas. some guys dont like cars that get harder to turn on the throttle, but like i said its all personal preference.

with the brake floater, its only going to affect entry, when on the brakes. most guys on 4 link run one only on the lr, it helps keep the car "on the bars" when you're on the brakes but also helps the car to turn a little bit as it loads the lr tire harder than the rr tire when you're using the brakes.

as far as with a 3 link, havent seen many people running them.

dirttrackrocker
01-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Charcoal01.. I believe you were the one helping me sort out my buddys 3 link. I finally got the bar angles and stuff. Sent you an e-mail.

charcoal01
01-05-2011, 12:18 PM
email sent, sorry it took me a bit to get back to you.

Dirtrunner35
01-05-2011, 08:50 PM
First, I'm guessing you have seen this car run , how did it do ? If it did well why change it. How long is your lower arms and what angle are they ?

washeduptoo
01-08-2011, 07:25 PM
When we ran 3link, we ran the brake floater on the rr. Seemed to help and good luck.