PDA

View Full Version : Bend in doors / rear quarters

JB1K
01-05-2011, 03:38 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but here goes. I have always put a slight bend (with the brake) pretty much centered along the length of my doors / rear quarters, basically to stiffen it up. I see a lot cars these days without these hard lines and wondered why?

racin6mod
01-05-2011, 06:01 PM
I also add the body line I just like the look.I would say it's easier to straight the body out if the line is not added and with alot of people wrapping ther cars now that might be part of it also.

supercomet32
01-05-2011, 07:41 PM
I run them and always will. I'd say its too many mechanics working on race car bodies and not enough fabricators. most people if they do put a bend on the quarts put them on straight too but the angle actually serves a purpose in helping direct the quarter when it gets pushed in to nto cut a tire and it helps when the car is kicked sideways to collect air and it reduces drag and turbulence on the rear of the spoiler.

jwracer11
01-05-2011, 08:36 PM
we used to crease the doors and quarters for all those reasons... but as soon as they get banged up and you straighten them a few times, the crease tends to go away... so we quit creasing them