PDA

View Full Version : leaf or 3 link

strykr
01-07-2011, 04:00 AM
I currently have a leaf mod. been toying with the idea of switching it to 3 link. How hard would it be to do and what are the pros and cons of both setups? I need all the input I can get.

dirttrackrocker
01-07-2011, 07:07 AM
I'm no expert on either, but, here are the basics. Leaf springs have tons of forward bit, IF the track is good and tacky. When it slicks over, you lose quite a bit. 3 links will help you get through the corner better because of the rear steer created when the car rolls. Unless your track stays tacky all night, I would go with a 3 link.

Darkstar15
01-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Go with the 3 link or if you are really wild and crazy put a 4 link under it. Probably have to do alot of the same work for both. Such as pullbar, jbar and link brackets. Have not had leaf car, had 3 link, both short and long links and now 4 link. You need to look at some other cars if possible. Get ideas.

John

Dirtrunner35
01-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Is this a multi stack leaf on both sides or a mono leaf car. I had a 3 -link stock car for 10 yrs and then went to leaf and it was great. Just bought a mono leaf mod and it was ok but not good enough. I put the Fast boy set up on it and it was alot better but no side bite, geat forward bite. I changed some things on it and then I had side bite. I would stick with the leafs myself. But I did convert my car to a 4 -bar this winter.

What is your car lacking ???

frontrunner
01-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Leafs r consitent 98% of the time & a 3 or 4 bar is only consistent 58% of the time & my mod has goo side bite & forward bite with staked leafs.........