PDA

View Full Version : rear end placement

ace1
01-09-2011, 11:49 AM
I have a car that I am making some changes to. It had been changed to 4 bar before I got it and wasn't done right so I have took it all apart to start over. I am needing to know how to set the rear end in the car left to right and for ride height. Does the pinion line up with the trans, how do you know how high to place it to similate at ride height. I did some searching and Jet has some good info but I know it won't work for all cars. A chassis mfg. is no good, I don't know who built the car. It has wrc-3 welded in the left frame rail.

I think it is a metric clip, or a Impala, what are the differences.

racin6mod
01-09-2011, 01:05 PM
I would set lr in line with the lf first and check the drive train alinement.the rh is a bigger issue if the 4 link system is way off.if it is at least close you can level the chassis front to back and side to side tring to keep it at the rh put the link bars in the same holes on both sides one set of holes should be pretty close to level on the lower bars now check the pull bar angle(around 18 degrees) would be close if it has a 90/10 shock it shold be 5 degrees up in front.you should have to raise the rear frame most have rack designed in.this is just for a starting point only the builder can tell you for sure.I'm not sure who the wrc is but someone will know.

dirttrackrocker
01-09-2011, 01:41 PM
I know WRC mad late models years ago. I believe Barry Wright and Mark Richards were co-owners

ace1
01-09-2011, 05:15 PM
I have leveled it frt to back and side to side useing the bar behind the seat and the one on the right of the driver compartment for reference. I will line up the lft side and see what things look like.
What info I found on the car it may have been made in Arkansas.