PDA

View Full Version : IMCA wheel stickers..

dirttrackrocker
01-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Probably a dumb question.. Anywhere to get these?? I have some IMCA wheels that someone painted and scraped the stickers off.

RACEMAN
01-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Think you're up a crick. IMCA will only issue those to the wheel manufacturers for the approved wheels.

dirttrackrocker
01-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Yeah probably.... Funny how they will approve any non approved wheel for $2.00 LOL

r3tracing
01-31-2015, 11:33 AM
Is there any place you can get them

JustAddDirt
02-02-2015, 08:02 AM
if you have an approval sticker, or a wheel with a sticker on it, and take it to your graphics guy, or a sign shop.
they should be able to copy it.

DirtRacer9x
02-02-2015, 12:18 PM
Wow two posts in a row now from way out in left field.Clearly you've never looked at the stickers.Clearly tech doesn't either. They don't scan them or run the numbers. Pay $2 and any wheel you have is legal. They just want their kick back and everyone's happy.

JustAddDirt
02-02-2015, 02:01 PM
Clearly, I don't care because I do not race IMCA.
but,its a white sticker with a IMCA printed on it.
looks like a barcode, and a serial number.
any legitimate sign co could scan one, and print as many as you need.
its not like anyone is at the pit line up road recording serial numbers.

Just giving someone an option.

hughesracing9
02-02-2015, 02:29 PM
Why is it so hard to believe that it could be done? Graphic guys live by some sort of ethical code? They can manipulate peoples faces and bodies, but you doubt the ability to copy a sticker....and could even go as far as to change some numbers?
This isnt 1999 and New Vision is the only place to get wraps or signs from. You'd be surprised at how many people play with wraps and designs and how so many local sign shops have no clue what imca, imca wheel, race car or any of it mean.

That being said, from my experience, the only stickers you can get from wheel man. are their small decals. I went through the same deal after I bought some coated legal wheels but all the stickers were removed.
Luckily there are plenty of non sanction tracks that I sold them quickly and bought another set.

JustAddDirt
02-02-2015, 02:29 PM
I could really give a crap less. nor, am I going to get into a pissing contest with you about it stockcardriver.
I don't know what your problem is here lately.
You seem to have good knowledge, but tone down the attitude a bit.

hughesracing9
02-02-2015, 02:30 PM
and non of my imca wheels have "reflective" sticker, but if they were, there is reflective vinyl.
Those stickers were printed somehow werent they? they didnt just magically appear

DaveBauerSS6
02-03-2015, 12:43 AM
If they are IMCA wheels; scrape off a sticker from a damaged wheel and glue it on.

DirtRacer9x
02-03-2015, 10:57 AM
This stock car guy is an idiot. He thinks this sticker is difficult to duplicate? Like really dude how about you just call up any decal guy and in sure there are many on here and just ask how difficult it is. Go take your meds or get a refill you're all over the place again. Get those issues checked out. Not helping you at all.

DaveBauerSS6
02-03-2015, 11:38 PM
The stickers don't come off in one piece it just comes off in little pieces. (tamper proof)

I realize tamper proof to the dip above in this thread some how means unable to be copied, lol.. Tamper proof means you cant tamper with a original sticker, you cant peel it off dumb as.

I have used a razor blade and removed them in one piece. My tech guy thought it looked good.

DirtRacer9x
02-04-2015, 04:37 PM
👍 Haha you'd be surprised who I work for bud. Keep going no where in your so called racing career 😂

DaveBauerSS6
02-04-2015, 09:20 PM
Just to explain. I had some wheels, loaned them out to a guy that pained over them. I couldnt get the paint off without damaging the print on the sticker.I stuck the new ones over the old ones. I explained what I did to tech and he let it ride. One time deal.

DirtRacer9x
02-05-2015, 11:54 AM
I don't work for a dirt track racer Stocker. Tire testing is one of many things I do buddy. 👍