PDA

View Full Version : K-C Announces Format Changes

Unclebig
01-13-2011, 10:34 AM
K-C Announces Format Changes
PLANS TO IMPROVE RACE NIGHT ENTERTAINMENT
Opening Night Announced for April 9, 2011

By Scott Wolfe VICTORY CIRCLE MEDIA FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CHILLICOTHE, OHIO- Jeff and Vicki Schrader recently held their annual ‘winter meetings’ for the race-night staff of K-C Raceway at the Amerihost Inn in Waverly, Ohio where several format and operational strategies were discussed.
“Test and Tune” day has been set for April 2, while Saturday, April 9 will be opening night for AMRA (American Motor Racing Association) Late Models, the AMRA Road Warrior Modified Challenge, and Hobby Stocks. 410 Sprints will highlight the program on April 16. The popular ‘new kid’ of big name races, “The Classic” for super Late Models will be on the race card Saturday, April 30th. The Freedom 40 for 410 sprints is set for Veterans Appreciation Night on May 28.
The remainder of the 2011 schedule will be released soon with several major announcements looming on the horizon. Fans are asked to stay tuned for these upcoming announcements.
Said owner Jeff Schrader, “I am looking forward to this season more than I have the last two. It is going to be an exciting year. With some of the events we have on the agenda for this year, I think the whole racing community will be excited. We are going to certainly try to make this an enjoyable place for our racers and for our fans.”
“Ultimately, we want to give our fans a great race at a great price. I am excited and I think the fans will be excited too.”
Goodyear will continue as the 410 sprint car series tire sponsor, while Hoosier will continue as the AMRA modified tire of choice. AMRA Late Models will run an ‘open tire rule’ as AMRA continues to be the sanction for the modifieds and late models, a deal which has worked out well for both drivers and the speedway .
A race director will be named soon to operate the recently announced format to use Race-ceivers. In 2011 all drivers in all classes must use race-ceivers. This coincided with the group’s effort to speed up the racing program and make a more entertaining show for the fans. Many of the popular “race nights” K-C held to promote the family aspect of the sport as well as new family promotions will be on the schedule.
“Safety is one of the benefits of the Race-ceiver,” said Schrader. “I know there is an initial cost for our drivers, but $500 saved in damages in avoiding one accident is worth the $75 to $100 investment. Plus we hope the ability to keep the shows rolling will keep more fans in the stands.”
Race-ceivers for drivers in the Chillicothe area can be purchased at a discount from O'Reilly Auto Parts, 201 North Bridge Street, Chillicothe, OH 45601; Phone: (740) 773-4200. Drivers should ask for Jamie. Possibly other discounts will be available for drivers on the day of Race-ceiver purchase. Further details of the package will be announced soon.
Start time will see warm-ups at 6:30 and racing promptly at 7:30. With the exception of the big races, there will be no qualifying this year. All line-ups will be done by pill draw which will run from the 4 p.m. gate opening to 5:45 p.m. All driver’s meetings will be held promptly at 6 p.m. If drivers do not draw a pill they will be lined-up at the rear of the field; and if drivers do not attend the driver’s meeting they will be penalized.
There will be a mandatory $20 one-time car registration fee for every car in every division. Registration monies will be added to the point fund and will be part of a packet that includes AMRA registration, and 1099 forms for tax purposes.
Added Schrader, “Many tracks have increased their pit pass price or gate price significantly. We are going to hold steady at $25 for a regular show for the pits and $12 General Admission. I think fans and drivers alike will agree this is one of the best deals in the business.”
K-C Raceway expects participants and cars to be presented in a professional manner. In relation to this concept, race cars should be presented in good taste and painted in a professional manner.
Car Numbers should be of contrasting colors (i.e. White on Black) at least 18” on the doors, a minimum of 4” wide, and 24” tall on the roof. All cars must have numbers on the roof; and/or top wing. If colors come from the same primary colors such as red on black, then it is recommended that those numbers should be outlined with at least a 1 inch border in a contrasting color such as white. Prism or reflective numbers are not recommended unless outlined with a solid contrasting color.
Pit parking will be organized so that all cars of the same class are in the same area. Another rule change in effect will be that no tires will be changed in any event under the typical outlaw/All-Star style format, unless that sanctioning body is there for a special race.
Sponsors are actively being sought for Race Nights or for track signage in the infield. Sponsors interested in purchasing a sign should contact Jeff at << schrader_jeff@yahoo.com >> or Scott at << swolfe1490@suddenlink.net >> or contact any K-C Raceway official.
For more information please call 740-663-4141 or visit the K-C website at << www.kc-raceway.com >> K-C Raceway is located 12 miles South of Chillicothe, Ohio off SR 23, two miles out Blain Highway between Chillicothe, Ohio and Waverly, Ohio at Alma.