PDA

View Full Version : Metric Impala

clm15
01-15-2011, 07:40 AM
Anyone know if the camaro, 76,79 lower a-frame is the same as the metric Impala lower a-frame.The spindel looks the same.
Or will the Nova lower a-frames work? Anyone build a tube style lower for the Metric Impala?
Maybe the Ford LTD lower?

This is a new for us.We always ran the 68-72 Chevelle.
Thanks

FLYNBRYAN
01-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Not sure about the camaro stuff, But the "metric" Ltd lowers will fit. The metric impala is as wide as the
68 to 72 chevelle.
If you use the LTD lowers it will make the front track width even greater.

BW51
01-15-2011, 10:59 AM
I run the impala stub and at the race shop they gave me the camaro lower on a quick repair at the track and the arm was identical. since then replaced the other side when i rubbed the wall just to be safe and saw no difference. out here they are replacement for the late 78 to 81is camaros i think being i dont run the stock appearing class.
but they do work. going wider isnt always a great benifit on dirt as much as asphault.
IMO...

Ruhlman Race Cars
01-15-2011, 11:19 AM
The Impala and Camaro A-frames are the same except the Camaro has a deeper spring pocket.

We sell a tubular UMP Approved lower control arm that will fit directly into the Impala or Camaro frames. They are patterned after a Camaro left side and a Ford Crown Vic Right side (1" longer than Camaro).

These A-frames sell for $189.99 per side and we have spacer kits to fit both small metric or large Metric/Impala/Camaro for $14.99 per side.
They use a screw in balljoint and have the lower spring helix built into the spring seat.

http://brianruhlmanracing.com/shop_pics_11-15-07_013.jpg

kraftkar7x
01-15-2011, 12:48 PM
I have a set of outpace tubular lowers from impala stub I am selling will That 250 for the set I paid over 400 for them

clm15
01-15-2011, 09:10 PM
I would like to thank all of you for the help. I like the idea of the LTD Rf and that was what i was looking to do. Glad to here the camaro parts will work. Ill have spairs.

I will be getting in touch with the Ruhlmans for the lowers. I grew up watching Brian at Stateline Speedway. Thanks