PDA

View Full Version : A Thank You from Ms. Motorsports 2010

Turn5TurnAround
01-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Press Release – Jan. 16, 2011

Stephens City, Virginia

A “Thank You” from Ms Motorsports

With only one week remaining as Ms Motorsports, Danielle Wilson takes a minute to reflect on a most memorable year. After winning the Ms Motorsports Pageant during the 2010 Motorsports Race Car and Trade Show at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center, Danielle traveled to tracks in Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and New York State in which she made over 100 appearances. Ms Wilson was not only involved with racing events but she also took time to give back to her local community by making appearances at several charitable events.

“Going into the pageant I never expected to win, nor did I realize the opportunities the title would bring me,” Wilson stated. “It’s been an experience like no other. Each event that I traveled to gave me new confidence and allowed me to grow as a person. This in return has helped me with my professional skills in becoming a future doctor.” Ms. Wilson is currently attending college at Shepherd University in which she is majoring in psychology with a minor in education.

Danielle was asked, what was the best part of being Ms Motorsports? “There is nothing like making a kids day. Seeing the kids smile was the best part of being Ms Motorsports.” Ms Motorsport recalled a time she took her crown off and put it on a young girl at Dunn Hill 2 Speedway. “We had our picture taken together and as the young girl walked away, she was glowing. Seeing her smile made me realize there is more to being Ms Motorsports than just signing posters and presenting trophies in victory lane.”

“I’d like to give the most sincere thank you, to all race fans, drivers, track promoters and staff, racing series, photographers and especially Area Auto Racing News for making this possible. I would also like to thank my family for all of their support. It was a terrific year, and it has been wonderful being a part of the sport of racing. I wish everyone the best of luck during the 2011 racing season!”

Danielle will be making her final appearance as Ms Motorsports at the 2011 Motorsports Race Car & Trade Show. Ms. Wilson will be signing autographs on January 21, 22 & 23 at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, Pennsylvania. On Saturday night Jan. 22 at 7:00pm Ms. Wilson will crown the new 2011 Ms. Motorsports.

“I would like to wish all the 2011 Ms Motorsports Pageant competitors the best of luck and remember to always smile and have fun,” Ms. Motorsports, Danielle Wilson.