PDA

View Full Version : Petersen Aluminum vs. Wrisco Aluminum

Bodybuilder1
01-17-2011, 10:24 AM
I fabricate bodies for dirt late models and dirt modifieds. I have always used wrisco aluminum to do this, but i am considering purchasing aluminum from Petersen Aluminum. Does anyone out there know anything about this product good or bad? I am just looking for some opinions before I do this.

Thank You

$UMP$
01-17-2011, 11:56 AM
I fabricate bodies for dirt late models and dirt modifieds. I have always used wrisco aluminum to do this, but i am considering purchasing aluminum from Petersen Aluminum. Does anyone out there know anything about this product good or bad? I am just looking for some opinions before I do this.

Thank YouWhen you bend a Peterson sheet 180 deg the paint will chip. Wrisco sheets dont do that. Wrisco is a better product!

414banger
01-17-2011, 10:51 PM
i hate to say it but i actually agree with ump on this one i recently had the body built for my mod and the flat black was from wrisco looked great when bent the sides where yellow from peterson and when we bent it for the double edge the paint chipped i think the wrisco is powdercoated and the peterson is painted hope this helps

Bodybuilder1
01-18-2011, 08:20 AM
Thanks for your opinions, I just wanted to know if I need to stay away from this product, I think I have my answer.........

talclipse
01-18-2011, 09:45 AM
I have run the wrisco flat black aluminum the past two seasons; I will say that compared to the other wrisco colors the flat black cracks out more than the other colors. When I hem stuff the hemmed edge turns white and after some time it does crack at the hem.

hucktyson
01-18-2011, 06:49 PM
the peterson is a harder higher grade of aluminum, any aluminum is prone to cracking when doubled back on it self. If i had the choice i would use peterson every time unfortunately all we have around here is wrisco. In my experiance wrisco actually cracks way more than peterson