PDA

View Full Version : SBC aluminum 18* top end ready to bolt on. ONLY $2700

CrumpRacing
01-18-2011, 02:55 PM
SBC aluminum 18* top end ready to bolt on. ONLY $2700

These parts are not junk and I will tell you anything that I know about them.

I ran these parts in a super late model about 15 nights. They made excellent power with a GM steel block. I broke the bottom end towards the end of the '10 season. I am purchasing another motor so these items need to go. I wish I could keep them for a back up motor but I just cant swing everything without selling them. My name is Jason Crump you can call my cell if you have any questions or would like to see them in person. 314-713-3278

-18º Cylinder Head, High Port Small-Block V8

Note: one combustion chamber has some small dings in it (see picture) from when the rod broke in the bottom end of the motor. The heads have been check out and have no issues. They are ready to bold on.

This cylinder head for competition small-block V8's represents a significant performance improvement over the Phase 6 head. The design moves the valve angle to 18º from its previous 23º. The valve center lines are relocated .275" toward the intake manifold which positions the intake and exhaust valves on the center line of the cylinder bore. This minimizes shrouding at high lift and also allows for the installation of larger valves (up to 2.20"). The valve center lines are also shifted laterally to provide proper valve clearance with a variety of cylinder bore and valve head diameters. The intake runners are now raised, and floors of the intake ports are 1.220" above the deck surface. At valve lifts above .600", this configuration produces superior airflow. Shallow, wedge-shaped combustion chambers achieve high compression ratios with small piston domes. Spark plugs are closer to the center of the cylinder bore and shifted toward the top of the chamber, which improves flame across the chamber and reduces spark advance requirements. Exhaust flow is also increased because ports are .450" higher and .240" wider at the exhaust manifold flange than the Phase 6 Bow Tie head. The low-port configuration satisfies sanctioning body rules that require conventional port location, and are recommended for carbureted applications with limited hood clearance.

Description - Bow Tie High-Port
Casting Number - 10134363
Material - Aluminum
Intake runner cc – 210cc
Combustion chamber volume - 42 to 44
Valve diameter/ material:
-Exhaust 2.10/ stainless
-Intake 1.60/ stainless
Rocker Stud - Shaft
Spark plugs - Angled
Heat riser - No
18° valve angle.

-Roller cam double springs w/ damper and Titanium caps and retainers (ti retainers only on intake)

Max Lift - .700

-SBC High Rise Aluminum Intake (matched to heads)

-Crower stainless steel shaft mounted rocker arms w/needle bearing tip
74128 - SBC 18° 1.480 In- .550 / Ex- .250
For those of you that feel most confident running a steel based valve train, we offer you the Crower collection of shaft mounted stainless steel rocker arms. Each and every configuration has been religiously scrutinized to offer extreme rigidity and accuracy while optimizing moment of inertia phenomena condition.
Crower engineers made ease of installation and maintenance a top priority so you’ll never waste a moment when time is critical at the track. Our stainless steel shaft rocker systems are a perennial favorite of dirt late models and marine endurance competitors. Sustained high temperature has little affect on the strength properties of stainless steel so components made from this material should have a longer life expectancy than similar components made from aluminum.

All Crower stud and shaft mount rocker arms are available with Crower’s new needle bearing roller tip option. Results are greatly reduced friction for added horsepower and reduced valve guide and valve stem wear. The lighter tip delivers greater valve control for increased rpm and improves valve spring longevity by decreasing heat over traditional non needle designs.

-Crower Severe-Duty Mechanical Roller Lifters w/ HIPPO oiling system

Severe-Duty Cutaway Mechanical Roller Lifters (.842" dia. / .750" Bearing)
V8 Chevrolet SB 1955-Up
262-400ci
.150" Left Intake Offset will fit Tall Lifter Bore with High Pressure Pin Oiling (Pair)
SKU# 66292HL-2

A must for high cylinder pressure or high rpm applications. Crower’s Severe-Duty Cut-Away style rollers feature a superior, billet alloy body, lightweight design and a heavy-duty blade, raised to fit late
model blocks.

-Shaft Rocker Lash Adjusters and nuts

Shaft Rocker Lash Adjuster 3/8
SKU# 74522

Shaft Rocker Lash Adjuster Nut (3/8-24 12 Pt)
SKU# 74523

-Hi-Tech™ Pushrods: 5/16" Diameter, 8.450" Length/Hi-Tech™ Pushrods: 5/16" Diameter, 8.500" Length
The pushrod is one of the most important pieces of the valve train, but all too often it’s taken for granted. Pushrods not only have to be strong enough to not fail, bend or burn up at the ends, they must also match the frequency of all the rest of the parts in the valve train, as well as the rpm at which the engine will be run. Today’s all-out race engines demand the highest quality components at every step, and COMP Cams® Hi-Tech™ Pushrods fill that requirement.
Hi-Tech™ Pushrods feature a one-piece design from .080” wall, seamless chromemoly tubing that ensures the ultimate in strength and durability. Ends are precision formed, yielding added thickness and strength in the critical tip area, while maintaining constant wall thickness and concentricity. The pushrods are then heat-treated for maximum strength to ensure compatibility with guide plates. They are OD ground for consistency and black-oxide finished with length and part number laser etched on the OD for ease of identification.

* One-piece construction from .080” wall, seamless chromemoly
* Heat-treated for extended durability & guide plate compatibility
* Precision formed & reinforced ends
* Black-oxide finished with laser etched part number & length
* Ideal for serious street performance & race applications

-Crower custom cut cam
See cam card pictures.

Note this cam has a small nick on one lobe on the base circle.

I also have the ARP bolts for this kit that will go with the package deal.

Only $2700 obo