PDA

View Full Version : 11th Annual Carolina Clash Skyler Trull Memorial at Carolina Speedway March 11-12

Carolina PR
01-19-2011, 07:45 PM
GASTONIA, NC - Carolina Speedway is set to kick off its 49th year of competition March 11 & 12 with the running of the 11th Annual Carolina Clash Skyler Trull Memorial.
Three big shows will highlight Saturday night’s racing events. The main event will be the 40 lap Carolina Clash Super Late Model Series feature. Also on the card will be the National Dirt Racing Association (NDRA) GM Performance Late Models with a $2,500 to win feature. The crowd favorite Open Wheel Modifieds will do battle around the 4/10 mile clay oval with the winning driver taking home $1,000.
“We wanted to offer our race fans something different,” said Carolina Speedway promoter Clint Elkins. “With not one, not two but three headlining main events on tap for March 12th this should be a night to remember at ‘The Action Track’”!
Whiteville, NC’s Dean Bowen is the defending champion of the event and is anxious hit the surface again
“I am ready to go,” said Bowen. “I love that place I just wish I was a little closer to home that way I could race there more.”
Bowen coming off a solid season that saw him wrap up the Carolina Clash Rookie of the Year honors as he raced to a runner-up finish in the championship points to ‘Rambo’ Franklin.
“We had a great year last but we are looking for more in 2011,” said Bowen. “We want to win more races and we are geared up for the championship. Hopefully we can back up last year’s win in the Skyler Trull Memorial and get 2011 off to a great start.”
Bowen will have to deal with a field full of veterans who will be challenging the driver for the victory. Gaffney SC’s ‘Rambo’ Franklin, fresh off his first Carolina Clash championship will be one of the favorites on hand along with Dallas, NC’s Jeff Smith and five time Clash champion Ricky Weeks.
“We are pumped up and ready to start off a great 2011,” said Elkins. “Our race fans are going to get a weekend full of racing in early March. The NDRA GM Performance Late Models are as strong as any division in the South and the NDRA Open Wheel Modifieds have quickly turned into a crowd favorite.
Last year’s Skyler Trull NDRA event will be the highest paying GM Performance Late Model event in Carolina Speedway history and close to 30 cars fill the pits.
Friday night will see qualifying and heat races for the NDRA GM Performance Late Models along with heats for the NDRA Open Wheel Modifieds. The Pure Stock Four’s and the ‘wild and wooly’ Renegade’s will do battle in heat race and main event action. The Carolina Clash Super Late Models will have an open practice session. Pit gates will open at 4 pm with grandstand gates opening at 5 pm. Racing will begin at 8 pm.
On Saturday night the Carolina Clash Super Late Models will qualify, heat race and compete in the 40 lap Skyler Trull Memorial. The NDRA GM Performance LM’s will run a 25 lap main event and the Open Wheel Modifieds will do battle in their own 20 lapper. Also on the card for Saturday night will be the Street Stocks with a $500 to win main event. Pit gates will open at 4 pm with grandstand gates opening at 4:30 pm. Racing will start at 7:00 pm. Two day pit and grandstand passes will be available. For more information please visit www.carolinaspeedway.net