PDA

View Full Version : Several 08' Rayburn ?'s

RACR_73s
01-23-2011, 09:38 PM
1) What lower ball joints do they use(I was told you can get them at local auto parts store)? what about upper ball joints?

2) What are the correct upper A arm lengths?

3) Why would the use 7/16" bolts(car had them on it) instead of 1/2" to bolt the uppers onto chassis?

4) Almost all the heims/rod ends are junk on the car(only one usable one on all of the front end). What about these ebay item # 150522450369 ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150522450369&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

5) Any set up help would be appreciated. Starting out on swing arm. Peoria Speedway 1/4 mile banked. 550-600HP steel block/alum head engine. Told to start on the purple bar by a couple of respected LM drivers but spring # seem to be all over the map?

6) What has to be done to run 7" & 9" shocks?

7) Driveshaft length with a Falcon?

~Thanks~

RCJ
01-24-2011, 08:18 PM
Try a MOOG k727 lower ,k772 upper screw in.I don't know about that brand of heim but ,I'm changing over to that style of heim on everything because they take less maintenance and last longer.Stay away from the black heims that are advertised as chrome moly.I used some on the tierods after a couple race both the right hands had a lot of slop in them .After looking at them the balls had a plateing on them to take up clearance when it flaked off the heim was loose.

RACR_73s
01-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Try a MOOG k727 lower ,k772 upper screw in.I don't know about that brand of heim but ,I'm changing over to that style of heim on everything because they take less maintenance and last longer.Stay away from the black heims that are advertised as chrome moly.I used some on the tierods after a couple race both the right hands had a lot of slop in them .After looking at them the balls had a plateing on them to take up clearance when it flaked off the heim was loose.

Thanks RCJ. I have ordered enough of these rod ends to do the whole car. Should have stated that I have the bolt in upper ball joints.

RCJ
01-26-2011, 05:43 PM
K6136 BOLT IN ,I use the howe rebuildable at around $70 they are a little higher up front but the studs are a round $30.
iT does seem like rayburn spring rates are all over the place.

RACR_73s
02-09-2011, 05:30 AM
Any ony know the correct upper A arm lengths? Called Rayburn and couldn't get a correct answer from the lady who answered the phone. She said she thought 8" and 10"...I said mine are 10" RF and 10 1/2" LF and she said..."Ya, that sounds right"....????

How should the pull bar be installed? (Mine is to the left of center) The car had a Green spring in the pull bar that measured 2"...is this correct?(my spare has a 3" blue spring in it) Which do I use?

~Thanks~

glnrcg
02-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Have not ran Rayburn since 07 but we had a ton of sucess with both open and limited motors at LaSalle in the rayburns. I can dig up some set up info if interested.

Mike

RACR_73s
02-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Thanks Mike that would be great. I bought a few Rayburn items from you at the LaSalle show this fall(shock kits, fifth arm spring ect.). Send me a PM on how you would like for me to get the sheets from you. ~Thanks Again, Scott~