PDA

View Full Version : Question about Bumper Jack

Cooper64
01-24-2011, 08:53 AM
I have been thinking about buying an air lift bumper jack. I have seen the expensive Bert Aluminum Jacks for around 900.00 but I have found the cheaper model that are heavier for around 400.00. I was wondering if anybody has any experience with either of these type and pros/cons of each. Thanks in advance.

Cooper Racing #64

T2racer
01-25-2011, 12:38 PM
I have 2 of the shop type and I wont go to the track without them makes working on the car easier they are safer than jack stands

HEAVY DUTY
01-25-2011, 01:13 PM
I bought the harbor freight ones that were 400 each.They are handy but they are junk. They bind up and then jump or fall all at once and the air leaks out and they creep down until they hit the safety. They also leak when the air goes in them after they sit a couple of weeks and you have to oil them to get them to take air.Mine were made in india which isnt any better than china junk.! of them came with the valve broke off and I had to repair before using.I sorta wish i had spent the extra for the bert jacks.

skysthelimit
03-12-2011, 10:38 PM
i have 2 of the bert jacks nice pieces and easy to move around. we also sell them but nice piece for sure

Mosidebite
03-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Got a cheap version at Cummins Tools almost 5 years ago. It has been very good to me. Whatever you buy make sure it has the safety stops (more than one in the operating range) because some have nothing and that kinda spooks me.

joegonewild
03-14-2011, 02:57 PM
I have one of the harbour frieght ones it has been good to me but way to heavy for using at the track i also have 2 bert ones and will never buy anything but them also i have them for sale new ones that is if interested pm me and i can get you a price