PDA

View Full Version : Parker and Frankllin Share Top Honors at NDRA Banquet

NDRA Media
01-26-2011, 11:52 AM
CHARLOTE, NC - Ron Parker and Dennis ‘Rambo’ Franklin shared the top honors at the annual National Dirt Racing Association (NDRA) banquet Saturday night at Victory Lane Karting in Charlotte, NC.
Parker’s 18 win season paid off hansomely for the Belwood, NC native as he collected close to $15,000 in points money. Parker captured the City Chevrolet League Championship as well as the Heintz Performance ‘Road Show’ title. Parker spilt the season ending ‘Dirt Wars presented by Goodyear’’ top prize with Gaffney’s Franklin. The duo had identical finishes in Dirt Wars to share the title.
“First and foremost, I couldn’t do this without my father. And my team — we’ve done got our cars ready for next year. I could go racing tomorrow,” Parker said.
“Next year will be my 21st year racing and it’s the best series I’ve been a part of — and I’ve been a part of many,” said Parker. “I’ve raced with a lot of the same competitors for the last 10-15 years. Like me and Rambo raced against each other even back in our 4-cylinder days.”
The top ten in Dirt Wars were honored with trophies and awards.
Series Director Clint Elkins said the tour will be the same in 2011 except that all of the Heintz Performance Road Show races will be topless.
“It offers a very unique visual experience for the fans to be able to see the drivers inside the cars and working the steering wheels. It also is a way to distinguish the super late model racing from the GM performance late models competition,” said Elkins.
Parker placed second at the Dirt Track at Charlotte in October when they ran the cars topless.
“I think it gives the fans a really good insight, allowing them to see in the car,” said Parker.