PDA

View Full Version : the other direction

pushpush
02-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Very commonly we discuss how to get more traction. Sometimes I get my rear kicked when its bad fast. Don't look at this as myself lacking power or gear, the entire field is LOL. Lets hear from some pros how to get around the track when its track record fast and most of us locals aren't putting out 700+ hp. The pictures that boggle me are when I see a pic of lucas guys ripping around Georgia or The Dirt Track and their cars appear "flat" on the left side. Almost as if theres no hike up. How do i get my car to rotate on entry quickly etc? Teach me!!! signed, tired of mule kickin the brake...

CHUMBA
02-02-2011, 10:51 AM
what set ups are you running now? shocks, springs, left side rear bite ect.

pushpush
02-02-2011, 11:14 AM
I would call this early season, lf550 rf 450 lr225 rr 200. lf7-5 rf 7-5 lrf96-2,lrr93-0 rr9-4. neutral 4bars in length and angle, j-bar neutral on pinion. As the heat approaches I soften rf rate and compression, stiffen rr rate etc etc. We do our winning in july & august. Locally I rarely see ridiculously fast tracks, Its when a promoter decides he wants to water the hell out of the track and watch the WoO or lucas mutulate us. This could be anger towards promoters LOL. Specifically I watch the big dawgs drive right up to the cushion and stand on it. Their car stays flat and DRIVEABLE! Of course by the time I catch up the track is equalling out. I suppose work backwards from what I do as it dries out.... Its hard to talk myself and the cheif into changing a bunch of springs etc when we know it will blow off in 20min. By then we've been outqualified. Ok I'm rambling, just flustered.

grt74
02-03-2011, 06:34 AM
alot of those cars are hiking up more than you think its because of the way they build the body they look like that now if your car is that fast in the slick but in the tack your getting smoked just lengthen the rr bars a little it wont take much and maybe go down on your jbar on the frame and hold her on the floor,that should help some but its hard to beat 850hp with 700hp when its hooked up.Weve had this problem before

RCJ
02-03-2011, 08:00 AM
I'm having the same problem of being fast early in the night.We have increased the hp of our motors over the winter.I still might be bringing a knife to a gun fight but its a real sharp knife.I have lightened the car by 20lbs so i will have more ballast to move.I'M going to hang 20lbs on the bottom door bar.next change will be to level the j bar.If these changes aren't enough l/r bar angle is next.Then i'll work with stagger ,left rear and shocks to get the car to drive like the driver wants.I want to have a set up on my sheets that I can throw in the car in a high traction track.Some of it is in our heads.Racing at the local level we could make the A feature with one wheel missing.Next year we will be set on kill when we pack the track.