PDA

View Full Version : camaro front rotors?

craftsman32
02-03-2011, 01:17 AM
i am trying to lighten up my car this year, running 1980 camaro is there any lighter rotors i could buy over the stock ones? i know u.s. brake makes them for metric chassis but i cant find them for the camaro, anyone ever tryed cross drilling a stock rotor? did or will it hold up? thanks

RCJ
02-03-2011, 08:16 AM
I made a tool that slid in to the vanes and had 3 holes for a center punch and drilled my rotors .I checked for cracks every week no problems.I have drilled and scalloped rotors with a real aggresive pad on the rear of our L/M.the rotors were wearing real fast I switched back to a standard rotor and the wear slowed.There is a nascar steering box that is 5lbs lighter.

gadirtracer
02-13-2011, 12:55 AM
I am going to cut the outside of a set of Camaro front rotors off. Not sure if they'll hold up, but gonna try it. :eek:Figure I can either make spacers or add a extra brake pad to keep from pushing the caliper piston out too far.

RCJ
02-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Cut more off the back side ,the front buy the hub is where it gets thin and cracks.I've had some at .810 speedway motors has some round spacers.