PDA

View Full Version : Spring Rate for a Metric front end?

Colorado #28
02-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Hello,

What spring rate should I use for a Metric front end? I will be running on 3/8 mile tracks with at least 13 degree banks. Thanks

V/R

usafracer
02-03-2011, 01:19 PM
I would start with a 650 and a 750.

zachmckenzieracing
02-05-2011, 03:39 AM
spring rates should be determined by calculations of other componets on your race car, the track you are running, and then fine tuned. spring rates are crucial to the handling and drivability of your race car. not properly calculating your spring rates can be detrimental to your team. understanding physics and geometry are crucial to the calculations of spring rates. i will post no information publicly that can make my opponets faster. but if you need help with understanding this, please contact me via email

zachmckenzieracing@yahoo.com

Colorado #28
02-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Zach,

Thanks for the info..My car is like the guy who has a post also asking about spring rate. I have a 1000 RF and a 800LF..Ive ran that for the last year..I moved to a different state and all the guys i talk to say change those imediately except you. There is some thought there. My builder says im fine. Your right he knows the car better than everybody else and knows the geometry of the car. Thanks again..

V/R