PDA

View Full Version : Left Rear 1/4 off =.3???

gadirtracer
02-03-2011, 11:40 PM
Richards done it at Screven tonight...was told Bloomer or Madden done it at GIS tonight and picked up .3 of a second.
I see a rule in the making...
Because this is the tech forum, what is it doing to the air to make the cars faster? Or...?:rolleyes:

charcoal01
02-04-2011, 12:27 AM
what exactly does 1/4 off mean?

jason29a
02-04-2011, 01:08 AM
It mean the LR quarter was about 75 percent removed. Trimmed way up. There video on youtube.

gadirtracer
02-04-2011, 02:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0_odzYhszU

RCJ
02-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Sometimes guys do things like that to draw your attension away from thier real advantage.If it was faster it would have to be from downforce.These cars have so much power i don't see lower drag helping alot.Is it relieving the air that is trapped under the deck or extracting air at a faster rate to creat a lower pressure aera under the deck?Was it faster in the corners or down the straits.

zeke23z
02-04-2011, 08:23 AM
more impressed with the guy steering the car into that stacker!

cushionbumper
02-04-2011, 08:50 AM
wondering if anyone has done any wind tunnel testing on this?
CB

cushionbumper
02-04-2011, 08:56 AM
someone have any pictures or videos of Bloomer or Madden at GIS?

smaster21
02-04-2011, 09:54 AM
yep its been done.

charcoal01
02-04-2011, 10:28 AM
thats a pretty tricky entry!

RacerX10
02-04-2011, 11:26 AM
That can't be legal.

joedoozer
02-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Sometimes guys do things like that to draw your attension away from thier real advantage.If it was faster it would have to be from downforce.These cars have so much power i don't see lower drag helping alot.Is it relieving the air that is trapped under the deck or extracting air at a faster rate to creat a lower pressure aera under the deck?Was it faster in the corners or down the straits.

That is what I thought. The whole idea of skirting on the right side is to keep the air on the top of the car as opposed to under it. It would be an easy test to simulate on the track at the next open practice. Go out one time with the car normal, next time out pull the entire LR quarter off.

But with that as the theory, what about all the stuff between the right side of the car and that removed quarter? Assuming the car is sideways and the air is moving from the inside of the right door to the left rear of the car. Wouldn't the fuel tank and rear end deflect most of the air?

It got people talking and thinking. Maybe that was it's sole intention. :)

charcoal01
02-04-2011, 10:53 PM
did some asking around and guys claim to be doing it to free the car up on entry. i guess the feeling is the lr grabs air when you throw the car and tightens it up. just what i've been told.

race09
02-04-2011, 11:55 PM
it is simple, any one that has ever been to a wind tunnel test knows u get the right side and nose sealed to the track and the left side up as high as the rule will let u to let out any of the air that gotten pass the nose or right side. for max down force u want no air under the car and as much packed on top as possible

mudderfudder
02-05-2011, 05:00 AM
Weather it aids the handling of the car or just a simple eye catcher to keep peoples eyes off the real secrets, I think it is ruinning the integrity of the late model division. If they are going to start removing body panels to go faster the they might just as well run a modified or sprinter. JMO.

huntingrip
02-05-2011, 07:05 AM
if he pisses someone off, the target is quite visible..bye lr..

racin6mod
02-05-2011, 02:54 PM
stewart supports the kidrocket team right and he has windtunnel and 7 post equiment access. they have done both I'll bet on that thats one reason the builders with nascar ties are doing so much better.

lazermod3
02-09-2011, 09:23 PM
brian from xd-4 " causes an area of lower pressure under the deck helping to add downforce at the left rear spoiler. "

he told me that most of the air never even reaches the spoiler on top. so with that i'd say you might see more cars tearin the qtr off.