PDA

View Full Version : Rear Suspension Question......

4coil
02-05-2011, 06:43 PM
I run a Super Stock style car with a Camaro stub and a 3 link rear suspension and I thought my question fit this category the best.

The car currently has a traditional J-bar on it (Lt side frame mount to Rt side of pinion). How would the car react differently if I replaced the J-bar with a short, straight bar (Lt side frame mount to Lt side of pinion)? Thank you all in advance...........

Dirtrunner35
02-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Makes the roll center lower to tighten the car, less weight transfer. It depends on where you want the car tighter at.

racin6mod
02-06-2011, 11:13 AM
if you can do this and keep the bar equal to or longer than the lr control arm you should be fine.I've always been told j-bars hurt forward bite but they are the most popular panhard bar out ther.

4coil
02-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Do you always want the LR trailing arm shorter than this link?

racin6mod
02-11-2011, 05:52 PM
I alway make sure the panhard bar is longer than the lower link bar.you have to be very careful how you word things on this forum now days. if the panhard bar is to short it can limit lr hike under power.I had a guy bring his car to my shop once his problem was it just won't get up on the bars and he had an easy up shock on the lr so a jacked it up just under the seat area and the lr came up off the floor after just a few inches of travel. the panhard bar was off the left side and was only about 12'' long.I changed his frame mount and got the bar to 17'' and was able to get full shock travel.

Dirtrunner35
02-11-2011, 07:19 PM
On a 3 link I had, the lower arms were 15 inches long and the short (panhard bar) was only 10 or 12 inches long.

What is your car doing?