PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Spring Super Sedan in Australia (Right Hand Drive Late Model)

wrt17
02-08-2011, 03:34 AM
Hey Guys, just wondering whether anyone is having any sucess with Monoleaf Late Models over there?? If so what sort of Specs and changes are they making to get the speed out of them?? In terms of numbers we are 50/50 Bar cars (Z- Swingarm-4 Bar) and Monoleaf cars... our tracks tend to stay a little more Hooked up than in the states, as i have been over and raced with a buddy in IMCA Mods in the midwest a few times and seen how it works over there!! But us leaf cars seem to Struggle a bit on the Slick over here, Just wondering whethere anyone was still pereservering with the Monoleaf setup, and whether anyone had stumbled across any changes that really helped, especially in getting drive of the turns and keeping the car planted and moving forward!!!

Because of our tracks being smaller and staying hooked up longer, i would like to persist with the Leaf car because it seems to be alot friendlier in these conditions!!

Any Ideas??? Dig into your memories, i realise this is old tech now lol!!!

Cheers in advance

F22 RAPTOR
02-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Hey Guys, just wondering whether anyone is having any sucess with Monoleaf Late Models over there?? If so what sort of Specs and changes are they making to get the speed out of them?? In terms of numbers we are 50/50 Bar cars (Z- Swingarm-4 Bar) and Monoleaf cars... our tracks tend to stay a little more Hooked up than in the states, as i have been over and raced with a buddy in IMCA Mods in the midwest a few times and seen how it works over there!! But us leaf cars seem to Struggle a bit on the Slick over here, Just wondering whethere anyone was still pereservering with the Monoleaf setup, and whether anyone had stumbled across any changes that really helped, especially in getting drive of the turns and keeping the car planted and moving forward!!!

Because of our tracks being smaller and staying hooked up longer, i would like to persist with the Leaf car because it seems to be alot friendlier in these conditions!!

Any Ideas??? Dig into your memories, i realise this is old tech now lol!!!

Cheers in advance

I for one love Leafs, both single leafs(composite) and Leaf/coils like you run. I have a friend who was extremely successful with leafs on up thru 1995 against the bar cars, even beating Bloomquist on back to back nights during the Hav-A-Tampa days. He's retired now, but I'm sure he'd give mono-leafs another go if he returned to supers. Anyway as far as tech on being fast with leafs, I'd need to know more about your car and the setup you currently have under your car. Remember a lot of making a leaf car fast is how you drive it.

What happens as the track slicks off?
What changes do you make for the changing conditions?
Are you running composite mono-leafs or steel?
Do y'all race clockwise or counter clockwise?

Spring rates (all four wheels and the torque arm)
Shocks (all four wheels and the torque arm, adjustable or fixed valved)
Rear end (Locked or Tru-Track or Torsen)
Mounting of rear shocks (in front of axle or behind)
Brakes (are you floated in the rear or clamped to the axle)
Percentages

ENVY Suspension
02-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Give me a call if you want. I spent 6 weeks over there with Jamie McHugh and the Boetchers 2 years ago and now you see where they both are. We'll be glad to try and get ya better with no worries mate!

Kirk Loudy
ENVY Suspension
www.envysuspension.com

devil6
02-17-2011, 04:48 AM
spend less time on computer and more time on the race track , you cant beat laps