PDA

View Full Version : isky tool room valve springs

junebug
02-08-2011, 10:13 PM
i have a new set of isky tool room springs there part number 9935, does anyone know if this will work well with my combination.....i dont know much about valve train parts......i have a roller 406 with bout 640-660 lift good ferrea valves and crane lifters.....the springs are 245 lbs. @ 1.950 and 590 lbs. @ 1.250

dynoman14
03-02-2011, 01:04 AM
They should be fine set up at 1.950", make sure you spend about $100 to buy a Moroso Spring tester and check them on the engine before you fire it off. Keep a book on your springs and check them after every race, when any of them drop 10% approx. 25# or 220# on the seat sell them to a IMCA or Bomber guy to run for another 2 years.

If you don't get them too hot they should last about 1000 laps. If they do get hot the gold or red stripe will disappear. I like to run valve cover oilers with those springs as they are not as stout under heat conditions as the PSI springs.

Make sure your retainers fit the spring snug as the inner spring on them can wobble around and cause a big ole mess. Also make sure that your guide tops / stem seals do not hit the underside of the retainer at max lift. I like to see at least a minimum of .125" / 1/8" clearance. If you don't have it you need your guide tops cut down or different retainers cause you cant change lift at that point unless you go with a smaller rocker.

If you need retainers, I need to know your max lift at the valve and the height of your guide top. I have really small stem seals and a ton of retainers that fit 9935's as I run them all the time.