PDA

View Full Version : stock intake ????????

fattboyee
02-10-2011, 12:21 PM
i have the 249 intake on my 355 now and have a 360 i am looking to put together as a back-up. i have a friend with a cast iron intake with the square bore holley flange.

whitch is a better intake the 249/250 intake, or the duel plane holley flange one?

i cant find any info on whitch of these is better or flow charts on them. any help or info would be great. thanks guys.

stock car driver
02-10-2011, 01:47 PM
250 is the good intake.

square flange holley is a 2 barrel intake with that flange on it, the runners and internals are the same as a small 2 barrel...

Are you allowed to modify the 250 intake, Ive got some that will make 20 more hp at least!

fattboyee
02-10-2011, 07:38 PM
i looked today it is the 250 intake on my 355 the only work allowed on the stock intake is opening up the quadrejet holes to have 2 peanut shaped holes. it still has to have the devider in the middle.

i thought the holley flange cast intake was a 4barrel intake. i have not seen it he just called to tell me he had it.

stock car driver
02-10-2011, 09:25 PM
i looked today it is the 250 intake on my 355 the only work allowed on the stock intake is opening up the quadrejet holes to have 2 peanut shaped holes. it still has to have the devider in the middle.

i thought the holley flange cast intake was a 4barrel intake. i have not seen it he just called to tell me he had it.

The holley cast intake has holley 4 barrel bolt pattern BUT it is just put on top of a poor flowing 2 barrel intake. Its not going to flow as good as your q jet intake.

gadirtracer
03-09-2011, 12:02 AM
The holley cast intake has holley 4 barrel bolt pattern BUT it is just put on top of a poor flowing 2 barrel intake. Its not going to flow as good as your q jet intake.

Just wondering...Where did this info come from? Have you cc'ed or flowed both of them? Or an observation of runner size? Curious...would like to have some #'s to back it up if you can point me in the right direction.
Thanks

stock car driver
03-09-2011, 07:25 AM
Straight from my carb guy who has flowed them etc.