PDA

View Full Version : Rear axle upper control arm mounting location

6burg
02-10-2011, 06:57 PM
I have a rear axle housing that came with car just bought,the upper mount on right side is mounted aprox 1 inch forward of the left upper mount. the housing I just had jigged is mounted straight in line with each other. what 's the deal with this? looks to me like it would bind up. car has stock lenght speedway upper and lower trailing arms with spherical bushings. Both upper control arms are at 11 degrees at ride height. Previously ran camaros so I'm trying to figure out best way to mount.

stock car driver
02-10-2011, 07:03 PM
I have a rear axle housing that came with car just bought,the upper mount on right side is mounted aprox 1 inch forward of the left upper mount. the housing I just had jigged is mounted straight in line with each other. what 's the deal with this? looks to me like it would bind up. car has stock lenght speedway upper and lower trailing arms with spherical bushings. Both upper control arms are at 11 degrees at ride height. Previously ran camaros so I'm trying to figure out best way to mount.

Im surprised it would bolt in?

Are you sure the right upper isnt short or the holes on the frame end arent moved?

I cant imagine you could bolt that in with oem mounts and arm lengths.

Lets see some pics?

6burg
02-10-2011, 08:23 PM
It's not letting me download the pictures. I can send the pictures to your email.

6burg
02-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Pics are sent to your email.

stock car driver
02-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Pics are sent to your email.

Got them and sent you a email back.

The rs upper is just bent fwd a lot, with mounts that high mounted like that its not uncommon at all for them to bend or break off even.

taslowroller
02-12-2011, 02:20 AM
jeff who built your street stock? and you traveled all the way from iowa to run the icebowl?

stock car driver
02-12-2011, 10:42 AM
jeff who built your street stock? and you traveled all the way from iowa to run the icebowl?

yes from Iowa to Alabama. Snow all over up here!!! Going back down for the Bama Bash.

My street stock is just a old terminator chassis I cut the front and rear off and changed around to how I wanted it. Only part left from the original build is the x under the floor, rf wt jack and the main cage behind the drive and under the dash.
I even cut out the door bars and widened them out to fit the body.

Im doing the same thing to another car I just bought turnkey for cheap. Its a 08 and Ive moved 3 of the 4 wt jacks, 4 shock mts, upper a arm mts, motor mounts, steering shaft, cell mounts, wt mounts, radiator mounts, bumper mounts, driver door bars etc. I added a few more bars also in the main cage.

I sand blasted a frame to build a new car then saw this one cheap and bought it instead.

taslowroller
02-13-2011, 10:57 PM
neat i am thinkin about going to the bash to watch but i dont know if i am gonna have the funds but if i do i might look ya up

stock car driver
02-14-2011, 09:50 AM
neat i am thinkin about going to the bash to watch but i dont know if i am gonna have the funds but if i do i might look ya up

Sounds good. My car is green 66.