PDA

View Full Version : Wartburg Speedway has new owner

MRM
02-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Wartburg Speedway has new owner
By Michael Moats – MRM Media Services
February 14, 2011

Harriman, Tennessee – Wartburg Speedway will start the 2011 season with a new owner. Mike Kittrell of Harriman has an agreement to purchase the ¼-mile track. The deal is expected to close within the next couple of weeks.

Kittrell has been negotiating with former track owner Scott Greene over the last couple of months. An agreement was reached last week for Kittrell to purchase the facility.
Kittrell is a former driver that spent the last three years as car owner for Billy Ogle Jr. Before pursuing Wartburg Speedway, Kittrell had already decided to scale back his racing operation for 2011. When the opportunity became available to possibly purchase Wartburg Speedway, Kittrell turned all his attention to obtaining the racetrack.

“Owning a racetrack is something I’ve always wanted to do,” Kittrell said. “Wartburg was one of the tracks I had in mind when I started looking into it. I love racing and I really enjoyed owning a race team. But it takes a lot of money to run a super late model team and I thought I’d be better off investing that money into a racetrack to give the local racers somewhere to race.”

Kittrell says he has already been working on the rules and a schedule for the fast-approaching 2011 season. He expects to release the rules by the end of this week and a preliminary schedule soon thereafter. Additional information will be available soon on the track’s web site at www.wartburgspeedway.net (http://www.wartburgspeedway.net/).