PDA

View Full Version : rear end help

superdawg
02-15-2011, 08:45 PM
I recently purchased a floater rear end. I go nothing telling me that i need to grease the bearing before i install them. Do i need to? Also, i got no axle seals. Do floaters not require axle seals?
Thanks

pickel
02-16-2011, 07:33 AM
yes i would grease the bearing.. if i rember the seals on inside the tubes ...look dowwn the tube and if ther is nothing ther you need to get some..:cool:

hot_rod
02-16-2011, 03:45 PM
On the floaters that i have dealt with there is a seal that goes into the inside of the hub that slides over the rear end spindle. That is what will keep the rear end oil in. I would say as far as the bearings, you would want to pack them just like any other bearing. On the end of the hub there is a small plate that will either have 3 or 4 bolts that allows you to remove the axle, there should be an o-ring on that. The seal that goes inside the rearend is an axle tube seal, it isnt required but definitly recommended. You need to know what the inside diameter of your axle tube is to get the right size. They sell them in different colors and the color will tell you the size.