PDA

View Full Version : NO POLE for Dale Jr.

runyou-2
02-17-2011, 07:06 AM
Yep,Dale Jr. rammed the azz-end of Johnson's car in Wed. practice and hit the wall with his pole setting car. That means he has to start in the back of the pack with a back-up car.Johnson said three cars were drifting up the track,closing his hole and he had to back off.

MotorMouth
02-17-2011, 08:16 AM
I was watching that incident and saw in the replay where the car behind him hit him in the back. The announcers all agreed that it was not Earnhardt's fault.

runyou-2
02-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Yeah, replay shows not Jr's fault. McMurray tried to move up before he was up to speed. Johnson, Jr and Truex backed off. Truex got run over, which pushed him into Jr.

Yea i seen it. It's too bad some of them just don't think sometimes.

I believe Jr should start from the back of the 150 field. Kind of strange circumstance with the rule they've put in place. If Jr were to say, win the Duel, is it really fair to put him all the way to the tail for the 500?

:confused:

Now that you mention it,Truth..it does sound kinda stupid to put him in the back too soon.

bite me too
02-17-2011, 08:48 PM
It's 500 miles of "racing", starting 43rd don't amount to a hill of beans...no matter who it is. I've never understood the hoopla over who starts on the pole in Cup races...it really doesn't matter.

runyou-2
02-17-2011, 08:56 PM
It's 500 miles of "racing", starting 43rd don't amount to a hill of beans...no matter who it is. I've never understood the hoopla over who starts on the pole in Cup races...it really doesn't matter.

No hoopla here.That's not what we're debating????????? > SINCE < all the racecars Quailified for the Dayona 500 they have a position to start the race on Sunday BUT....the Twins are a Qualifing race. IF Dale Jr. wins the Qualifing race??????? should he STILL have to start in the back on Sunday???????

PaperMen
02-17-2011, 09:01 PM
He will still be credited with the Pole......he changed cars so he has to start in the rear.

bite me too
02-17-2011, 09:03 PM
No hoopla here.That's not what we're debating????????? > SINCE < all the racecars Quailified for the Dayona 500 they have a position to start the race on Sunday BUT....the Twins are a Qualifing race. IF Dale Jr. wins the Qualifing race??????? should he STILL have to start in the back on Sunday???????

NA$CAR rules state you have to go to the back of the field if you change cars, engines, trannys, mirrors or decals (not really)...so he starts in the back.
Been that way for years....

runyou-2
02-17-2011, 09:29 PM
SHOULD he have to start in the back if he win's the twin race ?

kidrock
02-17-2011, 10:07 PM
This race is different then the rest. You quailfy for your starting sopt for the duels and the top 2 are locked in for the start of the Daytona 500. You can race your way in the through the duels and no other race they do this so, to me he should be locked into the starting spot unless he does change motors but, he should be able to take that motor out and put in the back up car and start on the pole position. JMO.

j-me88
02-18-2011, 12:04 AM
Starting at the rear means nothing to him ..... All it means is that his restrictor plate will be even larger than the larger one he was gonna get before the wreck ..... You gotta remember this is the tenth anniversary and NA$CAR is gonna do everything in its power to see him win !!!!

hogracer3d
02-18-2011, 12:52 AM
With all of those 12 bbl cheater ponies, he could start in another time zone

bite me too
02-18-2011, 04:31 PM
[/size]
should he have to start in the back if he win's the twin race ?

yes! It's the rule!

mf0521
02-18-2011, 04:50 PM
[/size]

yes! It's the rule!

You Jr fans crack me up worrying what he is gonna do.
Jr is an average driver at best. He excells on restrictor plate
races and if his car is absolutely perfect on any other track he runs up
front , otherwise he is in the middle of the pack or getting lapped
Check his stats the last 2 years , in the top equipment and
he finishes regularly between 10th and 20th.
Now Hendrick is going all out , moves him into the 48's garage,
gives him another crew chief , after last year busting up Mark Martins
team to help him out.
Remember, average at best, stats dont lie!

bite me too
02-18-2011, 07:46 PM
You Jr fans crack me up worrying what he is gonna do.
Jr is an average driver at best. He excells on restrictor plate
races and if his car is absolutely perfect on any other track he runs up
front , otherwise he is in the middle of the pack or getting lapped
Check his stats the last 2 years , in the top equipment and
he finishes regularly between 10th and 20th.
Now Hendrick is going all out , moves him into the 48's garage,
gives him another crew chief , after last year busting up Mark Martins
team to help him out.
Remember, average at best, stats dont lie!

You're barking up the wrong tree here (quoting me as a JR. fan)...I wasn't a SR. fan and I'm certainly not a JR. fan.
I've been a Mark Martin fan since his early days in Cup waaaaaaaay back in 1984 when I saw him drive for the first time in the Lonestar #02 at Daytona.

However, out of Jr's. 18 wins only 7 came on restrictor plate tracks...you can check the stats! :p

j-me88
02-19-2011, 12:24 AM
You're barking up the wrong tree here (quoting me as a JR. fan)...I wasn't a SR. fan and I'm certainly not a JR. fan.
I've been a Mark Martin fan since his early days in Cup waaaaaaaay back in 1984 when I saw him drive for the first time in the Lonestar #02 at Daytona.

However, out of Jr's. 18 wins only 7 came on restrictor plate tracks...you can check the stats! :p

Considering restrictor plate races make up only 4 of 36 races and almost half his wins come in only 11% of the races a year, isn't a very good statistic, if versatality is the point you are trying to make ..... Let's say he has been racing ten years, he has won 7 races in 40 restrictor plate races, and won 11 races in 320 non restrictor plate races !!!! Not exactly the point you were trying to make, is it ???

awnunn
02-19-2011, 07:40 AM
The best part of it is no matter what Jr is doing (good or bad) you all keep right on talking bout him, so you must watch him alittle closer than you want to admit. LOL

bite me too
02-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Considering restrictor plate races make up only 4 of 36 races and almost half his wins come in only 11% of the races a year, isn't a very good statistic, if versatality is the point you are trying to make ..... Let's say he has been racing ten years, he has won 7 races in 40 restrictor plate races, and won 11 races in 320 non restrictor plate races !!!! Not exactly the point you were trying to make, is it ???

My point is over 60% of his wins are on tracks other than restrictor plate tracks. Of course the odds are better to win on non plate tracks but, the post I was responding to made reference to the fact that he excels on plate tracks. I was bringing to light that he has done well at tracks other than that as well.

Thanks for putting way more effort into it than I did though. ;)

j-me88
02-19-2011, 05:17 PM
Eleven wins in 320 (and in reality its closer to 400) starts is not what I would consider doing well ..... Especially for "the annointed one" and the "golden child" !!!!

bite me too
02-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Eleven wins in 320 (and in reality its closer to 400) starts is not what I would consider doing well ..... Especially for "the annointed one" and the "golden child" !!!!

If you're going to use all 400 starts you need to include the other 7 wins. ;)

What do you consider doing well?

And, who "annointed" him as the "golden child"? The media and the fans set their expectations for him as the son of Sr. He's never come out and said he was gonna set NA$CAR on fire, people just assumed it would happen...kinda like Kyle Petty.

j-me88
02-20-2011, 12:17 AM
The 400 starts is NON-RESTRICTOR PLATE races ..... I originally said he had been racing 10 years but it was at least twelve seasons, thus the 400 non plate races, and that makes 48 plate races ..... What do I consider doing well ??? Well, winning ONE non plate race every 57 starts (or one every 1 3/4 seasons) would definately not be on my doing very well list !!! Especially for someone driving a well funded, top tier car!!! In fact the more I look at it, the worse it looks !!! If you honestly think thats doing well then you must have very low standards .......

wendyts7
02-20-2011, 08:05 AM
hello,im new member here.

bite me too
02-20-2011, 08:19 AM
The 400 starts is NON-RESTRICTOR PLATE races ..... I originally said he had been racing 10 years but it was at least twelve seasons, thus the 400 non plate races, and that makes 48 plate races ..... What do I consider doing well ??? Well, winning ONE non plate race every 57 starts (or one every 1 3/4 seasons) would definately not be on my doing very well list !!! Especially for someone driving a well funded, top tier car!!! In fact the more I look at it, the worse it looks !!! If you honestly think thats doing well then you must have very low standards .......

Hate to break it to you but, TODAY is his 400th start. 10 seasons with 36 starts, 1 with 34 starts and 1999 with 5 starts. I may be bad at math so you can double check if you'd like

http://www.nascar.com/drivers/dps/dearnhar01/cup/#stats (click on the career tab)

Here, I'll make it even easier for you. This is from Jayski...

•Career start #400 for Dale Jr.: The Daytona 500 on Feb. 20 will mark Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s 400th NASCAR Sprint Cup Series career start. The 36-year-old driver of the #88 AMP Energy/National Guard Chevy began his Cup career in 1999, and since then has amassed 18 wins, 91 top-five finishes, 150 top-10s and nine pole positions in 399 starts. He's gone to Victory Lane twice at Daytona International Speedway. He won the prestigious Daytona 500 in 2004 and took the checkered flag in the July 2001 event. Earnhardt earned the pole position for Sunday's race during qualifying on Feb. 13, but will be reassigned to the rear of the field after being involved in an accident during the Feb. 16 practice session.(HMS)(2-19-2011)

I hate facts, they always screw up a great argument.

j-me88
02-20-2011, 10:41 AM
I stand corrected ..... Eleven non restrictor plate wins in 360 some races ..... One win every 33 or so races (ONE A SEASON) ..... Sorry, but still not on my doing well list (not even close) ..... Especially since hes had first class, well funded equipment his whole career !!! Keep trying

klemmabyna
02-20-2011, 11:00 AM
..... Sorry, but still not on my doing well list (not even close) .....

does your list look anything like the one below?

bite me too: i know you don't need my help, but thought i'd throw this out there.

from http://www.racing-reference.info/dquery

NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers ranked by career Winning Percentage from 1999 to 2011
Rank Driver (active drivers in Bold) Winning Percentage Races
1 Jimmie Johnson .1621 327
2 Jeff Gordon .0935 428
3 Tony Stewart .0911 428
4 Kyle Busch .0856 222
5 Denny Hamlin .0856 187
6 Carl Edwards .0786 229
7 Kurt Busch .0604 364
8 Greg Biffle .0544 294
9 Dale Earnhardt, Jr. .0451 399
10 Matt Kenseth .0451 399

j-me88
02-20-2011, 12:28 PM
You are comparing apples to oranges ..... My numbers were about NON RESTRICTOR PLATE races ..... NOT career stats ..... Winning ONE out of every thirty three races is NOT DOING WELL, I don't care how you spin it ..... In fact this whole discussion started when Dirt said jr did as well in non plate races as compared to plate races .... Well lets sum it up ..... He wins once every 33 non plate races and once every 7 plate races ..... Those are the plain and simple facts, even Maytag couldn't spin them to make Jr look good on non plate tracks !!!