PDA

View Full Version : Spring Creek Speedway 2011

race27mod
02-17-2011, 08:36 PM
The 2011 season starts sat. April 16 with test and tune with points races to start the following week April 23. Classes will stay the same as last year with A-Modifieds, B-Modifieds, Street Stocks, 600 Micros, and 4Cyl. Hornets

mr.slidewayz
02-17-2011, 08:55 PM
The 2011 season starts sat. April 16 with test and tune with points races to start the following week April 23. Classes will stay the same as last year with A-Modifieds, B-Modifieds, Street Stocks, 600 Micros, and 4Cyl. Hornets

thats great ... im looking foreward to it . if the street stock rules are as open as they were before , they should get more of them than last year .

race27mod
02-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Rules are the same except OEM bodies are not required (but must retain stock appearance and dimensions), weight limit is 3100lbs. Hope this allows for other cars to come have some good racing.

racin6mod
02-18-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm glad to hear somthing about the track.what happened with the web site?

race27mod
02-19-2011, 07:58 AM
the name for the web site was registered to Rich and it has expired, working on getting new site up.

mr.slidewayz
02-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Rules are the same except OEM bodies are not required (but must retain stock appearance and dimensions), weight limit is 3100lbs. Hope this allows for other cars to come have some good racing.

in your rules , are the b-mods allowed to run the 400 blocks still ? i need to get a copy of the rules for a couple of the divisions .

hulkster22
02-19-2011, 05:52 PM
They still owe Rich over $100 for pit passes he purchused for the track last season and have still not paid him just like everyone else they have screwed out of money! He probably had it shut down!

racin6mod
02-19-2011, 06:42 PM
I hope they keep all the rules as is it's to late in the build season to come out with new rules.

DIRTTRACKFAN08
02-19-2011, 07:09 PM
I wish I could have a business that doesn`t pay anybody and still thinks it can operate. The Kitch`s are nothing but crooks!

apr28
02-19-2011, 07:30 PM
When did the Kitch's take control of the track? If what was told to me is true the Kitch's did not run the track into the ground. But their getting all the BS. Looks like to me that they are the only ones with balls that is trying to save a track with a lot of history. I do not approve if they are trying to screw money from people. BUT Have any of the for said people actually tried to get a hold of the Kitch's so they can make things right. That's all I ask.

DIRTTRACKFAN08
02-19-2011, 07:45 PM
When you don`t pay any bills including the insurance you do not belong in business. People tried to help them and the track and they just got screwed.

race27mod
02-19-2011, 08:16 PM
in your rules , are the b-mods allowed to run the 400 blocks still ? i need to get a copy of the rules for a couple of the divisions .

the only revision made to the b-mods is all cars must run a 2-barrel carburetor, before they said that cars running the create motor could run a 4-barrel

Dirtrace54
02-19-2011, 09:00 PM
So the IMCA sportmods are not allowed in the BMODS now? I know the 57 was planning on racing a full year this year, but his must retain that carb for him to be legal. Someone needs to let him know since he was told he was gong to be legal again.

Also, are the IMCA stock cars still going to be allowed? BJ said he was told by Scott that all IMCA cars are legal. Just want to make sure since we have 4 streets (myself, BJ, his son, and Dave Johnson) that are running IMCA legal cars so we can also run friday nights if we want. 3 of our cars were bought this way and just want to clarify that we are still legal to run that way.

race27mod
02-19-2011, 09:45 PM
i believe that if the cars were legal last year they are legal this year

racin6mod
02-20-2011, 09:16 PM
I don't think a carb rule will keep anyone away.I know 4 guys that are working on B-mods.

race fan8
02-20-2011, 11:58 PM
quit bitchin about it that was last year he gave a lot of free a way that should take care of that 100.00 so help the track not hurt it u all like two go out there

JAY SMITH
02-21-2011, 11:13 PM
quit bitchin about it that was last year he gave a lot of free a way that should take care of that 100.00 so help the track not hurt it u all like two go out there

Could someone please decipher this jumbled set of words?

JAY SMITH
02-21-2011, 11:18 PM

Please make up your mind. In your previous post you said, "the only revision made to the b-mods is all cars must run a 2-barrel carburetor, before they said that cars running the create motor could run a 4-barrel." Which is it 2 or 4 barrel with the crate engines?

JAY SMITH
02-21-2011, 11:21 PM
They still owe Rich over $100 for pit passes he purchused for the track last season and have still not paid him just like everyone else they have screwed out of money! He probably had it shut down!

They should pay back Rich and all of the other people they owe. As far as website I think it was Adam. Rich had nothing to do with the website.

apr28
02-22-2011, 03:40 PM

I believe he is talking about street stocks.

eddieb1965
02-22-2011, 05:14 PM
What is the biggest difference in the A-mod and B-mods? I am looking at buying a mod,and figured I would run as a A-mod,but will cast heads and a 2 barrel put me in the B-mod class? Sorry for all the questions,but cant find anything posted on a B-mods. Thanks Eddie

racin6mod
02-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Could someone please decipher this jumbled set of words?

I believe that ther was free passes handed out to someones friends and that cost the track more than the $100 owed.
All I have to say is I'm glad someone is tring to run the track but they have a tough road ahead Rob has done so much damage to the fan base and the area bussiness.

good luck to them!!!!!!!!!

racin6mod
02-22-2011, 05:22 PM
What is the biggest difference in the A-mod and B-mods? I am looking at buying a mod,and figured I would run as a A-mod,but will cast heads and a 2 barrel put me in the B-mod class? Sorry for all the questions,but cant find anything posted on a B-mods. Thanks Eddie

b-mods have cast iron heads,2bl carb,flat tappet cam,harder tires(hoosier A's or g60)and ther heavier.I found them to be more fun and will likely run in both classes this coming season.

race27mod
02-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Talked to Randy, he said the IMCA sport mods and the IMCA street stock will be allowed to run as long as they conform to IMCA rules.

eddieb1965
02-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Thats good to know,I meet all those rules with my engine.I dont have a clue what I would weigh now , how much more does a B-mod have to weigh?Thanks Eddie

adamcale
02-22-2011, 08:12 PM
the name for the web site was registered to Rich and it has expired, working on getting new site up.

Yes, but if you guys would have contacted me, this could have EASILY been fixed like everything else...

They should pay back Rich and all of the other people they owe. As far as website I think it was Adam. Rich had nothing to do with the website.

Rich and I registered the site back when the board existed. Yes, it was still in his name but could have been switched. Now it will be at least 2 months before that domain can be bought again. Apparently not my problem though as I told them to contact me when decisions were made about the new season and I would decide if I was returning. No contact, website already in production as I've spoken to that person so pretty clear they do not wish to have me back. Great - free Saturday nights for me again, lineups and payouts can take forever again, and Kitch's can't run to me for help. Love the track but apparently Kitch's have made their decision to not have me return...

PONYSTOCK2S
02-22-2011, 08:34 PM
I was gonna stay out of this but I really can`t after what I read here. Did I distribute free passes to Spring Creek Speedway? Yes I did at Jacksonville, Quincy, Shepps, Buffalo Wild Wings, US Army Recruiting and any other sponsor of the track. It was our jobs to put butts in the seats and put on a good show. To do what ever we could to bring more racers and fans to our facility. I spent numerous hours talking to other drivers either at another track or on the phone. As for giving tickets to friends sure, to ones that had never been out to the track, to maybe get them interested and to bring friends. That is just part of the promotion aspect of the sport. Do they owe me a little money? Sure! But do I care? No! I took on the task of helping the track survive. If it meant spending money out of my pocket so be it. There was many a time Randy came to me for money for gas or to get this or that. I just gave it to him because he didn`t have any. I would do anything to help the track. But when my name starts getting drug through the mud because of lies and lack of bill paying I had to step away. I always had the drivers and fans best interest in mind. It wasn`t about putting money in my pocket because everything I did was volunteering. This racetrack can not be someones source of income. It has to be a hobby for someone. I really wish we had someone that would buy the track and do things right. Pay the bills. Work with sponsors. Take a little pride in the facility. That is what the drivers, the fans and the community deserve.
Good luck because I want a Saturday night track close to go to.
Rich Mueller

mr.slidewayz
02-22-2011, 09:34 PM
as many times as i've been to macomb , i dont think i have ever been there without seeing you there rich . lets all try and get something going at the track again this year . we all want to see it work . us guys want a place to run . i will do whatever i can do . might not be enough , but im going to give it a try . good luck to all

mr.slidewayz
02-22-2011, 09:39 PM
Thats good to know,I meet all those rules with my engine.I dont have a clue what I would weigh now , how much more does a B-mod have to weigh?Thanks Eddie

for some reason eddie , i cant send you any p.m's - it says you are just a guest ????? i dont know why that is . however ....that b-mod division is a good way to go . ive got 2 of them for sale , maybe trade . and i'd help you get one going and set up .

tommy66t
02-22-2011, 11:51 PM
What kind of money do they pay the A-mods. I wouldnt mind trying to help keep a track open ,we have three cars i might be willing to bring

carcrazy7
02-23-2011, 01:02 AM
Please make up your mind. In your previous post you said, "the only revision made to the b-mods is all cars must run a 2-barrel carburetor, before they said that cars running the create motor could run a 4-barrel." Which is it 2 or 4 barrel with the crate engines?

crate motors can run the 4bbl .. as long as they are imca legal.

empowerbpo
02-23-2011, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the providing info!!!!

Thanks.
Jason Gaya.
http://www.empowerbpo.com

eddieb1965
02-23-2011, 04:53 AM
I dont know why the guest thing is on there,as many posts as I have I shouldnt be a guest anymore. Thanks for the offer,but i have a car spoken for,going to pick it up Fri.It will be pushing my limits to be ready for practice day,but Ill be there sooner or later.... Slideways,send me an E-mail to eddieandmandy@irtc.net

apr28
02-23-2011, 03:17 PM
crate motors can run the 4bbl .. as long as they are imca legal.

Is there going to be a tech person to make sure the crate is sealed properly according to Imca rules. Must use unaltered sealed GM #88958602 or #19258602 crate engine. Crate engine MUST use original HEI distributor with MSD #8728 rev-control and 6,200 rpm chip. If that's the case I have no problem with crate running 4bbl. I'm going to have a claimer 9:1 sportmod engine which has to run a 2bbl at spring creek.

carcrazy7
02-23-2011, 08:17 PM
i dont know that for sure so i cant say one way or the other. i believe they had i crate there last year and i pitted next to him and he did get checked. he showed me the thing and said this is untouched. so that said.. i'd just show up and race. it aint near as bad worrying abot a legal crate as it would be running against a 15-1 415 ..LOL ! go race have fun , aint no one making any money out of this sport anyways..LOL

uindadust
02-24-2011, 12:24 AM
ya, aint nobody makin money, so don't worry about rules. just finish in the back, its just for fun anyway. what a joke! everybody wants to have a chance to win, thats why they have rules. i raced there all season last year, and got teched once, and the tech guy asked ME what tires we were supposed to on! and thats ALL he checked. he didn't know what was legal or not. if you follow the rules in macomb, your gonna run in the back. and there are plenty of big motors there too. they don't care if your legal, they just want your money.

mr.slidewayz
02-24-2011, 01:17 AM
the more rules they make ..... the more beochin your gona hear ..... if everyone looks back in time , when i.m.c.a started ....it meant .... equal engines (wich were supposed to be cheap and equal) , someone cut that ship loose . it set sail ! they HAVE LOST THEIR INTENSIONS ! u.m.p has followed that path ! NOW LETs ALL GET TOGETHER and come up with a very limited set of chassis rules (we have plenty of those) AND GO BACK TO THE ACTUALL IDEA OF ECONOMICAL RACING !!!!!!!!! can i get a HELL YEAH ?????

mr.slidewayz
02-24-2011, 01:38 AM
the idea was to get a cheap engine (hence a 602) and let the boys tinker with a "baseline car" and go out and enjoy themselves (out think each other) . they didnt have spec engines back then ....... but we do now ! i have an oppertunity to try out something new . at macomb . do any of you want to try it ? it's a 602 sportsman type a car - to be named later with the help from all you fellow racers . all that it requires is a 602 engine & the cars u.m.p canned , and a brain . we can even slip old retired sportsman cars and maybe even outdated modified cars (with limited suspension systems ) in the mix ..... we don't care (you got a car , we got a track , lets get together!). its kinda like a run what ya brung (oem frame cars - n o late models) , as long as it has a 602 engine (or equivelent type sealed engine of other manufacturers) and a 8 inch tire . ( I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO DO A LOT OF TECHIN , AND I WONT HAVE AS MUCH BEOCHIN !
macomb wants to try something new . F.Y.I ..... they also have the i.m.c.a mixed with u.m.p street stocks on a weekly basis (some good cars) . those rules are user friendly as well . (and they don't have that many !) they don't plan to change those rules at all this season (can i get another hell yeah) . that class is already up and runnning ,it's not my deal (but i bet i run one)
i am going to go out of my way to help that track stay afloat . they gave me the oppertunity to come up with a class of car to help the guys that are getting boycotted (OR .... you all can just run our street stocks AS YOU ARE at this track if you want) . im still scrambling to make a good , fair , cheap , type division for the excess of cars WE ARE STUCK WITH (that have trick suspension , widened frames , multi mounts . etc , etc . .)
the track is nice . its old school and low buck . if you dont like that ..... good luck , go dump your money

apr28
02-24-2011, 12:29 PM
My point is easier just to put a 2bbl on everything. Nobody goes out to race just to have fun. You would like to feel you got a chance to win. Not fun when you get your a** beat. Been there done that. Plus it's not the legal crate you have to worry it's the supposed crate that is accually 15 to 1 415 with a 4bbl on it.

uindadust
02-24-2011, 04:17 PM
well said apr28- i feel the same way.

Dirtrace54
02-24-2011, 04:20 PM
The guys from Spoon that said they were crates were the ones switching things. The 2 guys from Donnelson, Blivens and Gaylord, were the only 2 that were IMCA. Blivens didnt run a crate and had a 2 barrel on at all times. Gaylord had no problem being inspected, and told anyone who had question on his car to look at it. The one night I looked at it, it appeared to be legal. I didnt look at too hard because I was not the tech guy. LCS checks these motors pretty well, and if someone has little knowledge of crates, the amount of money to reseal a crate after someone tampers with it is over a 1000 bucks. So if an IMCA guy tampers with it, he is spending alot of money just on a chance to win the amount at Macomb.

All in all, checking a crate motor is extremely easy. The reseal bolts are only available from GM and only approved rebuilders can buy them. The numbers are must be recorded on which motor they are being installed on.

All in all, an IMCA sportmod compared to a Macomb Bmod, is like comparing a cruiser to the current street stocks. They are a lesser car, but if people realized the driver experience in those two sportmods, they may see the big picture and realize that it might not be the car, but the driver that makes the difference.

uindadust
02-24-2011, 06:40 PM
blivens finished 3rd in points at lcs last year, and yes he's a helluva driver! gaylord isn't listed on the track points, atleast not top 15, (i didn't even see his name in any results) and hes a good driver too, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be tech'd. ALL cars should be tech'd, atleast top 3 after heats and feature, by a tech man that knows what to look at, not another driver. most if not all the spoon b mods are on alcohol, thats illegal in macomb, but they don't say a word. its like a slap in the face for a guy that supports macomb and races there every week. the 3m car ran bmod in macomb last year and he had a mullins roller motor with aluminum heads!

Dirtrace54
02-25-2011, 07:36 AM
I agree with teching. Didnt say it didnt need done. Just saying there were alot of rumors out there that would bold face lies. The canton cars were a big concern of mine, but until my brother started helping with tech, I dont think anything was checked. As far as Marquard, I know my brother hadnt started looking at cars when he was out there. Paul knew what to look for, he would check a car and people would still claim it was running illegal parts. When a street stock is accused of running a Bert and a Dry sump, anyone can spot these. The ones he checked had none of these. The BMods everyone were concerned about seemed to be Blivens and Gaylord. A couple griped about Marquard, but not much was brought up about the canton cars, which stumped me. And Paul only went and looked at the cars he was told to by Randy.

At the banquet early in the year, rules were given out that were different than the rules that were agreed apon, the final set. All in all, there were 3 different sets of rules put out. Some of the racers remember this since at the banquet, one part that was updated, wasnt in the new rules and a bunch of people pointed it out quickly. The board tried to correct this, but it was a hard mistake to completely correct. The problem arouse when not all of the board members had the same word processing program so when reviewing everything, the rules had to be sent out in 2 different formats. I was talking to 3 different people about different class rules plus dealing with all the addresses and driver information from the year before. I was trying to do all the typing for the rules and forms, and I had sent the final in both formats to Adam the day before. I thought he was the one printing the rules, but it ended being Rich who didnt have the finalize set. I guess this could be considered my fault because I was trying to do too much at once back then. The paperwork left by Rob, and any board member could verify this, was scattered in about 5 different formats, and alot of duplicates and none of the word matched. We were trying to make it look more professional and to sound simple and easy to understand with little grey area. It wasnt Adams fault or Richs fault. One set of rules Randy was given wasnt the final set. I do not see this as his fault, because he was going off what he was given. Just miscommunication. Ill take the blame of that part. It sounds like that wont happen again.

Dirtrace54
02-25-2011, 07:45 AM
One other rule I was concerned with was the no coilovers on the rear of the cars. I heard some are going to run those this year. They are not legal, and from what I know, they arent legal in ANY Bmod, Emod, or Sportmod class anywhere. Any most chassis builders will tell you when it comes to a car running 4bar on the hook or a swingarm car, coilovers can be an adavantage compared to splitting up the shock and spring. I would like to see this checked.

apr28
02-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Coilovers are not allowed in Imca sportmod. It shouldn't be all left to the tech person. If someone thinks somedody is illegal bring it up. Don't let it go and grip about it. If their legal they won't have anything to hide. If anyone thinks the apr28 bmod is illegal, come and ask me and I'll show what's in question. I know my car is new this year to springceek. check it out I don't care. not to change the subject but I assume they will be weighing cars this year. didn't see much of that last year.

kraftkar7x
02-25-2011, 02:10 PM
the reason for all the b***hing is if u were the last year watching it was obvious they had an advantage they were winning by half a lap easily over good cars with good motors... as for the tech bs the night they were sposed to do it i drove over there and noone was there yea they walked thru the pits and looked at kars but the didnt seem like they even knew what they were looking at... u can say all you want about how the crates are at a disadvantage but they arent they proved it at spoon and at macomb...

apr28
02-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Standing at the back stretch at Lcs you can tell which car was a crate or a claimer. The crate has to run a 6200 rpm chip which would kick in about a little over the middle of the straight a way. Pull that chip out and run a 4bbl. I don't remember any car hitting a chip at springcreek.Then again those engines mite not be good to run over 6200 rpm. I don't know. Not sure if crate engines at spoon ,have a chip rule? or do they run a 4bbl. I heard something about a re stricter plate. I'm just going off IMCA. West liberty, Iowa (Last year was non IMCA)bmod class 2bbl for every car. They even had a weight split for the type of motor you had. The bigger the motor the heaver you weighed . I think its all agreed that there was teching or lack of last year. All I'm saying is before you let anyone have a 4bbl in the bmod class at springcreek there needs to be really good teching system at springcreek. And no coil overs. My opinion.

carcrazy7
02-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Standing at the back stretch at Lcs you can tell which car was a crate or a claimer. The crate has to run a 6200 rpm chip which would kick in about a little over the middle of the straight a way. Pull that chip out and run a 4bbl. I don't remember any car hitting a chip at springcreek.Then again those engines mite not be good to run over 6200 rpm. I don't know. Not sure if crate engines at spoon ,have a chip rule? or do they run a 4bbl. I heard something about a re stricter plate. I'm just going off IMCA. West liberty, Iowa (Last year was non IMCA)bmod class 2bbl for every car. They even had a weight split for the type of motor you had. The bigger the motor the heaver you weighed . I think its all agreed that there was teching or lack of last year. All I'm saying is before you let anyone have a 4bbl in the bmod class at springcreek there needs to be really good teching system at springcreek. And no coil overs. My opinion.

as i said , i dont know if or who is teching.. i do know i believe it was blevins who pitted next to me who had the crate. the guy was willing to pull anything so some one could check him. he was there and wanted to have fun. and yes , the guy can drive. point is , you can sit and bitzh about anything and everything and thats whats driving people off . the guy had a chip he pulled out and put another in by someones request. it's a 350 hp crate motor and if a guy with a 377 or 406 cant beat a crate then maybe this blevins guy needs to be driven the other car. all the bitzh aint gonna get no where. so dont bitzh at me. someone asked about something and i checked and got an answer. the season aint even started and all the hu ha is already going full steam. i never said no one shouldnt be teched , i just said i dont know but i sure aint gonna call a guy a liar when he's not at the track yet or if he beats me. as for other cars that are supposed to be legal that aint from spoon or where ever i dont have any idea if they were or weren't all my point was get the cars together a go race. have some fun instead of bitzchn . sure everyone likes to win and i didnt say otherwise. find out the facts first but gez, dont start the year off bad before it even starts . :rolleyes:

apr28 , you are 100%right. if they can run a 4bbl they should be 100% legal to do so.

Dirtrace54
02-25-2011, 10:44 PM
The canton cars were not crates. Not even close, PLUS THEY WERE NEVER LEGAL! The rules said IMCA Sportmod crates, not Canton crates are legal. Never heard anything about those 2 canton cars UNTIL the Iowa cars came over.

The Donnelson cars, only one was a crate. And I know on 2 nights he hit the chip, and he should it to me personally. And if you read the rules for Sportmod Derek, youd know you stuck your foot in your mouth. You guys griped to me one night about lucy and blivens running D's on there cars. Even swore you gus seen them. I personally checked Lucys car AND TRAILOR! Not one! Blivens had G60's on his car. Checked that too. So you guys griping about a one sportmod car which was legal, need to grow up and race.

There may have been good cars with good motors, mabye it was the driver. Hell I was running a stock crank, stock rod, claimer piston 355 turning 5500 and could run with any of them. I know I didnt have a good motor, prolly one of the weakest. Someone that has raced macomb for years know strong motors dont win races. Bartz didnt think there was anything wrong with any of them. Heck him and Blivens have raced each other for years at quincy. And Blivens was legal WITHOUT the IMCA Sportmod anyways. HE WASNT A CRATE! 9:1 stock headed 355. hAD A 2 barrel on everytime I looked (3 different nights), but I bet he changed it for me. Real similiar to the motor Tom Baker borrowed off BJ Thompson and won with! WOW, theres 3 cars with low horse 355s in them that won. The only cars I seen that actually mopped the field were the canton cars. In fact, half the time Blivens and Gaylord finished up front, they just survived everyone else causing cautions. Add up the caution counts for those two then for everyone else. Next youll tell me they have traction control.

SO GRIPE ABOUT THAT ONE CRATE SOME MORE. IF I REMEMBER RIGHT HE HAD 2 WINS. THAT ONE CRATE SURE KICKED EVERYONES @SS AND WAS DOMINATE!

carcrazy7
02-25-2011, 10:56 PM
The canton cars were not crates. Not even close, PLUS THEY WERE NEVER LEGAL! The rules said IMCA Sportmod crates, not Canton crates are legal. Never heard anything about those 2 canton cars UNTIL the Iowa cars came over.

The Donnelson cars, only one was a crate. And I know on 2 nights he hit the chip, and he should it to me personally. And if you read the rules for Sportmod Derek, youd know you stuck your foot in your mouth. You guys griped to me one night about lucy and blivens running D's on there cars. Even swore you gus seen them. I personally checked Lucys car AND TRAILOR! Not one! Blivens had G60's on his car. Checked that too. So you guys griping about a one sportmod car which was legal, need to grow up and race.

There may have been good cars with good motors, mabye it was the driver. Hell I was running a stock crank, stock rod, claimer piston 355 turning 5500 and could run with any of them. I know I didnt have a good motor, prolly one of the weakest. Someone that has raced macomb for years know strong motors dont win races. Bartz didnt think there was anything wrong with any of them. Heck him and Blivens have raced each other for years at quincy. And Blivens was legal WITHOUT the IMCA Sportmod anyways. HE WASNT A CRATE! 9:1 stock headed 355. hAD A 2 barrel on everytime I looked (3 different nights), but I bet he changed it for me. Real similiar to the motor Tom Baker borrowed off BJ Thompson and won with! WOW, theres 3 cars with low horse 355s in them that won. The only cars I seen that actually mopped the field were the canton cars. In fact, half the time Blivens and Gaylord finished up front, they just survived everyone else causing cautions. Add up the caution counts for those two then for everyone else. Next youll tell me they have traction control.

SO GRIPE ABOUT THAT ONE CRATE SOME MORE. IF I REMEMBER RIGHT HE HAD 2 WINS. THAT ONE CRATE SURE KICKED EVERYONES @SS AND WAS DOMINATE!

i have no clue about the cars from spoon , i posted about the 4bbl on imca legal cars and thats what i was referring to when i said if they are legal go race and have fun , no one making any money at this anyway. i'd love to see a mod driver making money..LOL ! or any racer..LOL

i dont know that for sure so i cant say one way or the other. i believe they had i crate there last year and i pitted next to him and he did get checked. he showed me the thing and said this is untouched. so that said.. i'd just show up and race. it aint near as bad worrying abot a legal crate as it would be running against a 15-1 415 ..LOL ! go race have fun , aint no one making any money out of this sport anyways..LOL

heres what gets me.. i say the same thing this guy does and he wants to come back and jump my azz !! LOL.. wow !

Thread: nascar go home
by uindadust

Replies
Views

whats your name $ump$? from reading your posts, i...

whats your name $ump$? from reading your posts, i know theres quite a few guys that would like to meet up with you at spoon or macon. most of us are just weekend warriors, having fun with what we can...

Dirtrace54
02-25-2011, 11:05 PM
As far as teching, yes there could have been a better job done. But these people didnt touch the track or even know they were running it until May. Is that a good excuse, prolly not, but atleast they tried.

As far as the crates, GM actually came up with the 6200 chip deal to help protect the motors. The motor produces 350 horspower at 5000 rpm and 390 torque at 3800 rpm. The valve train (mainly the original valve springs) are not rated for more than 6400 rpms. The 6200 chip is not just used by IMCA but recommended by GM. And again, the crates are the easiest motors to tech. Just match the numbers and look at the seals.

As far as the coilovers, what I was saying there was that open Macomb bmods are trying to run these, not sportmods. Noone has really brought it up at the track, but just from what Ive heard from drivers from Macomb is that people are going to do this cause they dont think theyll get checked. Some of the locals are also talking about sneaking alcohol in, which is also illegal, and a big safety hazard. When cars arent supposed to run alcohol and then sneak it in, the safety crew may handle the fire improperly.

And Rich (I think thats APR28), I hope you didn think I was talking about you being illegal, it was someone else who was running last year. And I have mentioned it to the people that matter already. I also agree with people who think people are cheating bringing to the managments attention. But when people cry wolf on a weekly basis, such as the tire thing I mentioned above, the management quits listening. I know I was told that these people were running illegal tires, I go checked and they didnt even have any in the truck trailer or on the car, and they had no other cars with them to hide them,even pitted by themselves; then I call BS. I went back and told them they have nothing, and they still calim they did. The must have thrown them in the creek after they were done racing.

Usually those who gripe about cheaters, tend to be the biggest cheaters themselves!

carcrazy7
02-25-2011, 11:10 PM
i dont disagree about teching.. all i said was "i dont know so i cant say anything about that". why worry now about it. lets hope it is taken care of when season starts. dont need to get all bent out of shape over a guy getting a question answered.

Dirtrace54
02-25-2011, 11:10 PM
Oh I know Steve. I know what your saying, and it was Gaylord (the 57) you pitted next to, I remember talking to you and him (more his dad) one night in the pits. That post was pointed more towards Carlson. He d@mn near got pissed at me that one night over tires with Lucy and Blivens, and he aint even in that class. I know I can read.

And I agree, everyone should be looking foward, not backwards. But when people get on here and basically call you a liar, it gets you a lil hot.

carcrazy7
02-25-2011, 11:37 PM
yes , your right in was the 57. he was looking for all his chips and stuff. yea.. your right ! my bad on who i thought it was. oh well , i might just take the fenders off mine and enter it in the mod class just for (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)z and giggles..

uindadust
02-26-2011, 12:54 AM
i wasn't jumping anybody's ass, sorry if it sounded like i was. all i was trying to say is everyone wants to have a shot at winning. nobody goes racing every week to run in the back. without a competent tech person, us low budget guys have no chance, and thats NOT fun. i'm not bitching about anybody in perticular, had a blast racing with everybody, but if they would enforce the rules, every race, nobody would have anything to bitch about.

kraftkar7x
02-26-2011, 12:57 AM
i never once bitched about illegal tires we pitted next to lucy everynight... as far as the spoon cars todd bates had a completely legal 355 in with a 2 barrel carb and griffin had a crate motor in which is totally legal in YOUR "rules" and they showed up one night for the simple fact spoon rained out last minute... so why b***h about them just because ur such an imca backer dont hate on ump. and it was also said if any spoon emods want to come to macomb they could come and run with their 4 barrel with the restrictor plate and a cpl of macomb boys went to spoon the previous year and ran better than the emods with their 2 barrels on without restrictor plates...

carcrazy7
02-26-2011, 02:06 AM
let start by apologizing myself. i was only giving an answer to a question. i wasnt meaning nothing by just go and race. was just trying to keep a position thing about the start of the year. i was a tough year last year and lets hope things go smoother this year. just didnt want it to get off on a bash fest. i wasnt trying to leave anyone out of wanting to win or say it wasnt important. i wish everyone luck and a safe year. and i agree there needs to be some teching . thats a great place there and i have to say a lot of super people. i cant really complain. i was and my family was always treated like we belonged there. i just like to see that extended to everyone because others need to see that you guys are good people . get the year started see what comes about . if theres some things that need adressed which something always needs tweeked . tweek them , just keep your kool because a lot more gets done without the hard feelings . again , if i popped off i apologize for it i was only tryin to help .

kenbarls
02-26-2011, 06:18 AM
Hope to see you guys there. I want to see that Spring Creek Speedway event. :D

apr28
02-26-2011, 07:39 AM
Yes Ben this is Rich. And for the record I'm not B****ing either. But all I'm saying if I bring my 355 2bbl motor and the guy next to me has a 4bbl I would like for him to be legal. I agree macomb is not a horse power track. I help a crate at lcs last year and met other guy's that ran sportmods last year. Would like to see them come to springcreek. Memphis Mo changed there rules to Imca sportmod type and 34 Raceway has a 8 race sportmod season this year. The one good thing about building a sportmod is at least around here your gona have a place to race. Macomb having a semi open bmod class, Anybody North,south east or west with a bmod can come to macomb. Except guys running alcohol. The Memphis guys that ran bmod last that don't want to change to sportmod type might come to Springcreek. West Liberty Iowa got rid of their bmods and went to IMCA amods. There might some cars up there. Lets hope that things go good which it should and we won't be talking about the same thing next year. Maybe springcreek can have a little rules meeting and all of us can get together and get this of the internet. I guess I'm sorry too. I didn't mean to open a can of worms. I know a lot of people don't know me but I have been on and off with the speedway since 1985. Raced,pit steward, flag men. Helped pit on cars. Raced on the old track when 4cyls ruled. Thanks

Dirtrace54
02-26-2011, 09:14 AM
Derrick, Griffen was NOT legal by the rules. He was not legal by sportmod rules! He did not have G60s on, and his suspension was not legal by sportmods. The sportmods had to be completely 100% legal according to IMCA because people like you were wining early on in the year that they werent fair. The original rules for macomb BMODS came from LCS rules BEFORE they went sportmod. Ask Darin W, he was the one that did that. Go ask them guys which rules made them faster. So again, you do not know what your talking about. And, if you want to lie about the tire deal early on in the year, thats your deal. Enough people seen you whining about it. I gave you the benifit of the doubt and checked. The whole IMCA legal part was not due to me sucking up to IMCA. People like you griped in preseason that noone wanted spoon cars up at macomb, that why the rules were written that way also. I had no problem with them coming up. I dont know how many different calls I recieved from street and bmod people griping about a thousand different issues. Thats half the reason I got tired of dealing with it. And whats UMP got to do with anything? EMods at canton arent sanctioned! Man you really need to quit lettin your @ss overun your mouth.

To Steve and Rich and uindadust, I apologize to you guys. But people like Derrick you just cant make happy I guess.

Im done with this, because I know it will be a never ending battle, and people just need to look foward.

kraftkar7x
02-26-2011, 09:38 AM
how was griffin not legal even when weisinger was there he welcomed any spoon car to come to the track and run with the plate as did rich mueller in hopes to help car count which bmod prolly had the best... as far as my kar goes there was no slider or coilover on my kar until last year when i went to amods... both rear springs were on screwjacks which was totally legal the debate was whether my motor was legal which it was checked and proved to be legal and i still run my bmod motor in my amod as i am just smart enough to take the time to do my homework and make my little motor capable to run in the amods... ask weisinger he was in shock when i pulled my valve cover off or call auto ron he is in amazment that the motor is still in one piece after throwing it on alky and a 4 barrel... and the year i won all those races i ran both the hooier g60s and the chainlink A tires which were always used from Lodge... i didnt win at the track my wins came from the time i spent in the garage making sure my kar was in tip top shape so it was capable of winning any time...

apr28
02-26-2011, 01:02 PM
I hope Randy is reading this. I see Ben's side that the spoon cars are illegal according to the rules. Derrick's side when even though the car's are illegal to rules the big shot running the show say's it's ok to run. So where do you draw the line. Easy and Randy has to put is foot down. I know car count is nice BUT we're talking about cars that only come to macomb when their home track is rained out. Gotta take car your regulars. If you come to macomb and your not bmod legal and you don't want to run amod DON'T COME. Please correct me if I'm wrong but to me the gripping is a result of the spoon cars and the rules. Ben you don't need to apologize. You have done all you can do. The issue is higher up. Let's fix this and have a great 2011 season. Richard

racin6mod
02-26-2011, 05:47 PM
every time ther is a spring creek speedway/macomb speedway post on this or any other forum it quickly turns south. Some get behind a key board and prove ther I Q is lower than ther car number. the track need's car's and fan's not racers bashing one a nother on a race forum.

Thanks and good luck in 2011
Rod Schoonover !

mr.slidewayz
02-26-2011, 09:16 PM
every time ther is a spring creek speedway/macomb speedway post on this or any other forum it quickly turns south. Some get behind a key board and prove ther I Q is lower than ther car number. the track need's car's and fan's not racers bashing one a nother on a race forum.

Thanks and good luck in 2011
Rod Schoonover !

that's a fact . we need to pull our resorces together and try to keep the track in opperation . it's a fun little place to race .

JAY SMITH
02-28-2011, 08:03 AM
Thats right, pool your resources and Randy will put them in his pocket!

dirtrace09
03-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Is there anyway to get a full schedule posted somewhere? I would really like to come to macomb and race but need to know the dates, special events, etc...
Thank you.

race27mod
03-01-2011, 08:05 AM
the schedule is posted at www.springcreekspeedway.webs.com this is the new track website

dirtrace09
03-01-2011, 09:27 AM
thank you very much

apr28
03-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Where can I get racing fuel before the season starts?

eddieb1965
03-01-2011, 04:52 PM
I read the 2011 B-mod rules,I didnt see anything about what fuel you can run ,just what you cant.I am in the process of changing to alcohol,but want to run Macomb B-mod class.Is alcohol legal in B-mods at macomb?Thanks Eddie

eddieb1965
03-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Ok,1 other rule I'm not sure on after rereading. Are Berts,Brinn legal in B-mod or not?Thanks again,Eddie

uindadust
03-01-2011, 06:05 PM
i think its gas only. no alcohol. bert, brinn are legal. haven't seen the new rules tho, i'd check with the race track to be sure.

apr28
03-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Last I know alcohol wasn't allowed. But might check to make sure.

race27mod
03-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Rules don't state that alcohol is illegal but open motor must be on a 2 barrel.

eddieb1965
03-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Thats the way I read it ,but i wanted to see if anybody was actually running alcohol in B-mods.

Dirtrace54
03-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Yes, it seems the rules have changed since last year. I guess they are allowing alcohol this year. Last year it said no alcohol, methanol, ethonol or E85.

I know, I wrote them.

Dirtrace54
03-02-2011, 03:14 PM
I would get a set of rules on paper first. The rules on the website are half of the street stocks from last year, and half of the bmods. The Bmods rules last year said any transmission allowed except in-out boxes.

I dont know what other rules have changed, but here are the difference from amod that i remember:

* No alcohol rule
* No coilovers allowed; lift arm or pull bar, but not both.
* Steel heads and solid cams on open motors
* Only tires were G60 or Hoosier A-40
* Must weigh 2500
* Steel bodies shocks only
* 2 barrel maximum of 500 cfm measured with gauge; except for 4 barrel on crate that is IMCA legal

I cant think of any others off the top of my head. And AGAIN this was last years. Not sure what they changed this year.

The rules up on thier today (3-2-11) are bmods to Section C Rule 8 then you have to skip to the number 9 after section H. You can notice a darker color on the rules in between and those are the street stock not bmods.

apr28
03-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Yesterday there we rules for street stock and bmods. Earlier today I noticed the same thing combination of both. Now there is street stocks back on and no bmod rules. Still must be working on the rules. I think the new web site looks really good.

Dirtrace54
03-02-2011, 06:59 PM
I talked to Andrew, whos doing the website. He fixed the street stocks. He said the Amods, Bmods, and 4 cylinders will be up when he gets the revised rules sent to him.

Hes trying hard to make it a nice site for everyone, and doing it on his own time also.

kirks
03-04-2011, 04:34 AM
racing is my best game,but when it comes spring creek speedway it is the most fun game to watch with friends.
singer (http://kirks-music.blogspot.com/) music (http://kirks-music.blogspot.com/)

Team Outsider
03-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Hey guys look....
Springcreek Speedway is a down home cool facility. It has alot of potential. Now lets talk about the B-mod class for a second. I went over there a couple of times this year and had a great time. If you stop and look at a few factors here you would see the same things that I see. One: The track is a sandy clay based track with car parts and stones the size of a kickball in the racing surface. Two: If the rules say that if you are an IMCA legal car then you should be able to run the four barrel carb. that IMCA approves of. Three: If you are running a four bar suspension under your race car and getting beat by leaf cars, then maybe its time to stray away from the motor department and take a look at the chassis department and rear end setup. I personally have seen some of the motors the B-mod guys are running and those are big motors...383, 415, 406. All bigger than a 350 horse 602 crate motor. Worse yet the one crate motor I saw ran a 5:83 gear and turned a best RPM of 5800?! Not to mention the g-60 hoosiers he was running! come on guys, the IMCA guys arent outhorsing ya, they are out chassising you. Just get em to hook up and you guys will be fast. But don't sit on here and complain about how you think the four barrel carb. on a 350 horse(actually less than that because its on it's sixth season) crate motor is whipping up on a 406 or a 383. Gotta stop and look at the facts here. I hope I didn't offend anyone but I just thought I would share with you guys the things I saw.

uindadust
03-08-2011, 05:08 AM
nobody's complaining about running against the crate motor, they just want a tech man to make sure everyone is legal, including the open 2 brl guys. the one crate you seen, how do you know what gear he had? or how many rpm's he turned? i only know of one crate car that was there on the regular, he was very competetive, but by no means "whipped" up on anybody. it should be fair for everybody, and if they stand by their rules and tech like they should, nobody would have anything to complain about. i'm not saying anybody was illegal, but without a competent tech man, people wonder- fans and drivers

apr28
03-08-2011, 12:28 PM
nobody's complaining about running against the crate motor, they just want a tech man to make sure everyone is legal, including the open 2 brl guys. the one crate you seen, how do you know what gear he had? or how many rpm's he turned? i only know of one crate car that was there on the regular, he was very competetive, but by no means "whipped" up on anybody. it should be fair for everybody, and if they stand by their rules and tech like they should, nobody would have anything to complain about. i'm not saying anybody was illegal, but without a competent tech man, people wonder- fans and drivers

I agree 100%.

bumperkiller
03-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Your absolutly right, I agree with that statement, hence the potential part. But the tech. man did tech the crate car and ended up legal. I mean the rules at springcreek say that if you run under IMCA rules then you can run your car with g 60's and a four barrel, and the 6200 chip. He had all that. I guess if the track is going to change the rules, now would be the time to do it. I think he is planning on running a full season over there. Last I heard they werent changing the rules for b mods. Just curious how this is going to pan out.

eddieb1965
03-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Where did the website go?I cant get to it and I need the B-mod rules(Especially the fuel segment).Need to know if alcohol is acceptable with a 2 barrel carb.Anyone know for sure? Thanks Eddie

monte1race
03-11-2011, 02:06 PM
www.springcreekspeedway.webs.com looks like alcohol is ok this year. but i didnt read eveything as i race amods

apr28
03-11-2011, 02:57 PM
The way I read it alcohol is legal. I don't think I over looked it. But you have to run a 2 bbl carb 500 cfm or less. Unless you run a Imca crate. Richard

Dirtrace54
03-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Yea, I seen where they took the no alcohol rule out also. If they enforce the 500 2 barrel rule and check them, you prolly wont see many on alcohol, especially if the driver knows what they are doing. Crates cant run alcohol I presume.

They also took the no grooving of tires out, but siping allowed.

Besides that, the rest looks the same.

tow2yourl
03-19-2011, 06:41 AM
We talked about this new Supra Vaider – St. Patrick’s Day Preview (http://streetbass.org/forum/showthread.php?p=90491#post90491)www.airmaxland.co m (http://www.airmaxland.com/)Nike Air Max 90 (http://www.airmaxland.com/nike-air-max-90-c-2/) – Nuetral Grey/Blustery earlier this month and the response was overall positive. For those of you that wondered when you would be able to officially make a purchase the time has finally come.
The sneakers have finally hit retail and if you need a refresher course one look at the Black leather mudguard or Neutral Grey leather and mesh upper that plays host to a Blustery swoosh should do just fine for your memory. These are definitely on point and can be purchased today from Eastbay

tow2yourl
03-19-2011, 06:42 AM
We’ve brought you guys pictures of this pair of Nike Air Max 95′s recently supra footwear (http://www.suprashoeszone.com/), but just wanted to bring you our own pics Nike Air Max (http://www.airmaxland.com/) Nike Air LunarMX+ 90 White Purple (http://www.surreal-news.com/showthread.php?t=32), as well as remind you that they are releasing to Footaction accounts this weekend. The shoe does a seemingly  gradual gradient fade, starting with black at the top, moving through shades of grey in the middle www.airmaxland.com (http://www.airmaxland.com/), and finally finishing off with white. As usual, Nike incorporates its classic air max unit into the sole. Look for them to retail for $145 upon release.
Name: Nike Air Max 95
Color: Neutral Grey / Clear
Style: 609048-036
Price: $145
Nike Air Max 95 – Neutral Grey / Clear – Release Reminder Nike Air Max 95 – Neutral Grey / Clear – Release Reminder Nike Air Max 95 – Neutral Grey / Clear – Release Reminder Nike Air Max 95 – Neutral Grey / Clear – Release Reminder Nike Air Max 95 – Neutral Grey / Clear – Release Reminder Nike Air Max (http://www.airmaxland.com/) 95 – Neutral Grey / Clear – Release Reminder Nike Air Max 95 – Neutral Grey / Clear – Release Reminder Nike Air Max 95 – Neutral Grey / Clear – Release Reminder Nike Air Max 95 (http://www.airmaxland.com/nike-air-max-95-c-16/) – Neutral Grey / Clear – Release Reminder Nike Air Max 95 – Neutral Grey / Clear – Release Reminder Nike Air Max 95 – Neutral Grey / Clear – Release Reminder Nike Air Max 95 – Neutral Grey / Clear – Release Reminder