PDA

View Full Version : My dad, Bill Hendren

Steve_Hendren
02-18-2011, 10:00 AM
As many of you know, this forum has been a favorite of my dad's for quite a few years. I'm extremely confident in the fact that most who have interacted with him on here have utilized much of the knowledge that he has so freely shared. My dad has always been about the racer, and he has always helped all who need his help. I'm extremely proud of the fact that Bill is my father, and I'm extremely lucky to be the son of such a brilliant man.

It's with a very heavy heart that I'm choosing to inform his friends here on 4M, that my father is in very bad health. As of today, our family, and my father, have chosen to have Hospice come to my parents home and assist with my fathers needs. I've chosen to post this, not for pity, but to allow those who have been a large part of his life to know first hand that he is not doing well. Our family would like to thank those of you who have been a large part of Bill's life over the years.

Thanks
Steve Hendren

TLCT1
02-18-2011, 10:15 AM
I was lucky enough to receive your fathers opinions and advice when selecting parts for my last engine, he offered this not knowing me from the man in the moon. I'm very sorry to hear of his health issues, after having to deal with a similar situation I can tell you that the people from hospice do a wonderful job given the situations they deal with. Best wishes to Bill.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Steve,

I am truly sorry to hear this. Bill is a real stand-up guy. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

powerslide
02-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Thoughts and prayers he has always been a huge part of this forum

calif54
02-18-2011, 11:05 AM
I knew Steve and Bill from back in the Watsonville Speedway and Santa Cruz California days. The whole Hendren family is class and I'm glad to say I know them. Like others have commented, Bill has always been willing to help any racer with advice. My thoughts and prayers to the entire Hendren family.

Chad Patterson

bizkit
02-18-2011, 11:54 AM
This is horrible news. My family will be praying for you guys...I will let Terry Barnett know, as he doesn't have PC access anymore.

Again my prayers are with you guys. I pray that the lords miracles will bless all of you!!

Kelly Hanvey

billetbirdcage
02-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Sorry to hear this, Thoughts and prayer to the Hendren Family. Hopefully Bill can take a turn for the better.

Kent Taylor

Canadian
02-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Wow, so sorry to hear that.
He has PM'ed me with all my answers to any question, and talked to me on the phone.
Best wishes from us to you and your Dad for a speedy return to good health.
By far one of the smartest engine men in the game.

supercomet32
02-18-2011, 03:44 PM
Steve I want to tell you that over the years of coming to 4m and all the disagreements on various topics, the fights abotu which chassis was better and why ford wasnt in crate racing i will say your dad is the nicest person who will shoot you straight whether you disagree or not. I knew his advice was spot on and could count on him to be accurate thurough and down right humble about it. no shamelss plugs to build more motors and no attempts to step inbetween someone else trying to do their business in competition with him. That says alot about his character. nothing like seeing that line in his post.......yadda yadda yadda

"Bill."

just like a personal friend from square one. Take care of him cause not too many like him are around anymore. and tell him from one man to another THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUVE DONE FOR THE SPORT AND HELPING MAKE 4M A BETTER PLACE

fast_crew
02-18-2011, 04:38 PM
I along with many others have received help, ideas and opinions over the years from Bill, and he really is a stand up kinda guy. Spoke to him on the phone several times about a few engines I had questions with, was always more than happy to help any way he could. I am very sorry to hear about his poor health. Hospice agencies are a big help when in a time of need, I hope they take very good care of your dad, and help your family through the tough times like they did our family just two months ago when I lost my father to cancer. Thoughts and prayers are with your entire family.

crate late
02-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Man you could knock me over with a feather, I can hardly believe this terrible news. Bill is well liked and respected and I have spoken with him on many occasions and have enjoyed reading anything that he posts on here because he's always been a straight shooter. I will keep Bill, Steve and Mike in my thoughts and prayers.

merc123
02-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Wish him the best and hope he improves.

hucktyson
02-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Biil hendren is by far the single best person who has ever posted on this forum, he always tells the truth and has an absolutely tremendous amount of knowladge about every thing and anything race engine related, and amazingly he was willing to share it for free on a board like this, it takes a special person to do that. The world and this message board need more people like bill hendren.

50j
02-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

huntingrip
02-19-2011, 10:35 PM
i skip over alot of the b.s on here, but when bill posts, i read..thoughts and prayers for your family..

BigBlueFord
02-20-2011, 06:34 AM
I always looked forward to reading Bill's post. He was one of the few on here that you could trust with good info.

My sincerest thoughts and prayers.

Rex

Jim11h
02-20-2011, 12:00 PM
4m has went thru many changes and many not so good but this is the 4m crusher. He made the tech sections what they are and wish you and your family and him especially the best thru these upcoming tough times.

drtracer15
02-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Thoughts and prayers with your family. Shocking news I have enjoyed his post and have talked to your dad about tech. issues . He was always first class.

Great182
02-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Hey Steve , sorry to hear about your Dad ..........he has always been a wealth of knowledge and willing to help a stranger that is not even running his stuff ...........I hope he reads some of these posts and can see how well thought of that he truly is in the racing community . I will pray for him and hope that God can heal whatever is wrong with him and also pray for you and the rest of your family .........i'm sure this is very hard on yall . God Bless Yall

Harper00HFan
02-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Thoughts and prayers from the 00H team.

sj valley dave
02-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Bill has always been and continues to be an example of the good things in motor sports. He has helped over the phone every time I have called him, no questions asked...Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family and hope for a great turn around!!

BMR
02-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Thought and prayers to a well respected man!

cgmotorsports98
03-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Steve; your dad is a first class man. I appriciate the the help Bill has given me over the years with his machine work and sb2 knowlege. He is one of the sharpest engine men i know. Hope to see Bill in good shape and better spirits. Thoughts and prayers. sincerly Tom Pritt / Acceleration Marine/TP2 DYNO

bumpdrafter
03-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with Bill and your whole family.