PDA

View Full Version : nascar has finally ruined restrictor plate racing

osborne5
02-19-2011, 02:02 PM
these races in my opinion are not worth watching. two by two, how boring can it get. after a down hill spiral in nascar the last 5 yrs. this is what they come up with. no wonder the fan base is dissapearing quikly. i think it's time nascar gives up on there lame rules changes and lets these boys get back to racing the way it was meant too be. i will not even attempt to watch these restrictor plate races anylonger. just hope the short track racing is better. if not i will be content to continue going to my local dirt track and watch some real racing.

CIRF
02-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Poorest excuse for racing I have ever seen. It makes a sport who has some stars act as the likes of Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick look even more silly.

TS FAN
02-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Am I to understand they have ruined plate racing? Actually the racing was ruined the day they put on the plates. This was never real racing, it is simply a circus. AS I have said repeated several times. The "Great American Race"??? Really

mantooth
02-19-2011, 04:55 PM
you see where I live and I anit goin

ptown
02-19-2011, 05:57 PM
I never thought it could get any worse but it has and I just can't make myself watch this garbage.

It reminds me of 2 dogs running around sniffing each others asses.

dirtfan2757
02-19-2011, 06:13 PM
Wanna blame somebody? Blame technology. Daytona and Dega were built in a time where 160 was fast. Today's technology has made these tracks and their racing what they are today, not Nascar. Its the same in dirt racing these days. Technology got rid of the old wedge camaros to what it is today, thus a lot of tracks are no longer half miles. So what do you do? Make Daytona shorter?

You can tell Nascar is trying to find an answer, as you can look at the changes they have made since they arrived in Daytona, but there is no answer to this 2 car crap unless they start running buses or V-6 engines or something.

C4Vette
02-19-2011, 06:59 PM
You can tell Nascar is trying to find an answer, as you can look at the changes they have made since they arrived in Daytona, but there is no answer to this 2 car crap unless they start running buses or V-6 engines or something.

Reduce their tire size and/or downforce. Make them have to lift instead of going flat out through the corners. It will bring speeds down and seperate the men from the boys. We'll see who has the nads to drive deep into a corner without lifting.

pabandit
03-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Reduce their tire size and/or downforce. Make them have to lift instead of going flat out through the corners. It will bring speeds down and seperate the men from the boys. We'll see who has the nads to drive deep into a corner without lifting. It's what they should have done years ago!