PDA

View Full Version : switching from Bert to Falcon...need to know ??

ghostpatrolmod
02-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Got rid of old style bert and picked up a used falcon. I know some of you have done this before, please comment on things to look for and differences to aware of.
thanks

dirttrackrocker
02-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Need a shorter drive shaft. The Bert is about 2 1/2 inches shorter. Falscons and Brinns are the same length as a saginaw and muncie

racin6mod
02-19-2011, 06:54 PM
the falcon has a weak tailshaft assembly/housing with that in mind be sure the drive shaft is very close to perfect.I repair all three trany's at my shop as fare as the gear box it's as good as a bert and the floating input shaft is a good idea the other two should go to.

ghostpatrolmod
02-19-2011, 10:29 PM
thanks for the info. had an older bert and got tired of the popping out of gear deal, and thought I would be upgrading going to a falcon. now starting to wonder, based off your info. thanks

dirttrackrocker
02-21-2011, 08:22 AM
Go to a Brinn, its a much nicer and smoother Tranny.

racin6mod
02-21-2011, 01:47 PM
I run a brinn and I agree ther just a better way to go and the resale value is much better.

21 racer
02-21-2011, 08:39 PM
iv ran a falcon for years no real issues except leaks put a clutch pack in it once in bout 8 years its preaty tough i broke a driveline one night and i use stock aluminum bell housing it broke the bell housing and the trans came out of the car rolled around under the car came out and hit another car the lower shaft came out cause the bell housing holds it in picked it up off the race track and put it back together its still running

JCSullivan00
02-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Been running the same Falcon for a long time now and love it. Never had any issues. Very simple to rebuild yourself, we did it after four years of racing it. Thrown several driveshafts, and never damaged the transmission.