PDA

View Full Version : 60 inch centered rear in Pierce?

djexidus
02-19-2011, 09:40 PM
How much work and what all needs to be changed to put a centered quick change in Pierce instead of the 2 inch offset? Has anybody tried?

PIERCE3J
02-21-2011, 09:00 AM
I used to run a 60" centered rear in a Pierce. It was a 9" with spring buckets though. I had an extension bolted to the pinion panhard mount to run the regular length panhard bar. I could also unbolt the extension and run a longer panhard bar. It seemed to work good for me.

anissa5
02-21-2011, 06:47 PM
What wheels did you run on the rear

djexidus
02-21-2011, 11:26 PM
It should be the same wheel offsets, as I believe you are sliding the center section 2 inches to the right with a centered rear, I am more concerned with drivetrain alignment from tailshaft, driveshaft, and pinion and what problems a guy may encounter.

PIERCE3J
02-22-2011, 07:55 AM
They were the same offsets. I had no driveshaft problems at all. When I ran the longer panhard bar instead of the short one with a pinion extender bracket, the left side of the car hiked up a lot higher than the normal Pierce cars. The guy that sold me the chassis, Brent Rhebergen, had a couple other guys running on a centered rear as well. He has a lot more experience and answers on this set up than I do. P.M. me if you want his number, or he is a dealer and I think his number is on Pierce's web site.